News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Einstein thinks it needs miner ??

Started by Dingo, June 07, 2017, 10:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Einstein has stopped running most of the time on my PC that also runs Bitcoin.  The Event log says and the application says waiting to run.   It has ample CPU's and Bitcoin will be stopping soon but that does not help the AA.

06-Jun-17 12:09:33 PM | Einstein@Home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
06-Jun-17 12:09:33 PM | Einstein@Home | Requesting new tasks for miner_asic
06-Jun-17 12:09:35 PM | Einstein@Home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks

I re started using the app_config file and it downloaded more work but still not running tasks ?  I only have one machine that can take a GPU so looks like I will run something else rather than it doing nothing.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Einstein would have a much higher average than POGS so BOINC may sometimes try to even things up by giving priority to running POGS tasks. If you limit the number of POGS tasks running at once, it may allow Einstein to run without BOINC scheduler pauses.

Assuming you're running BOINC on all 8 cores you could try the following app_config.xml file placed into the C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\pogs.theskynet.org_pogs folder. Then click BOINC Manager > Options > Read config files. If it doesn't work try reducing project_max_concurrent_value to 6.

<app_config>
<project_max_concurrent>7</project_max_concurrent>
</app_config>

The "Requesting new tasks for miner_asic" message on a non Bitcoin Utopia project is normal. It possibly says only that and doesn't also request GPU tasks because it thinks your cache is full. This sometimes happens after you have set a large cache and then reduced it. One project runs out of work and doesn't ask for more because the other project has a higher BOINC scheduler "debt".

Try suspending POGS project and then click Update for Einstein if it doesn't ask for more work automatically. You could temporarily increase your cache setting after suspending POGS and download many days of Einstein work if you wished to help prevent it happening again. Remember to resume POGS project after topping up Einstein cache.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Dingo

I tried all that when suspending POGS or BItcoin Einstein starts up again.    I think I just have too many POGS tasks on the machine and it needs the CPU to finish tham on time so is not running Einstein.  That does not explain why it runs SETI without a problem other than SETI only uses .04 of a CPU.

I am running SETI.

EDIT:    I deleted a bunch of POGS and suspended SETI and set Minimum work buffer to 0 and downloaded some more Einstein.  I am running Einstein again.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

kashi

Glad you got it fixed. :thumbsup:

Thought it may have been a BOINC scheduler debt issue due to a large cache. Deleting some POGS tasks was a creative way to fix it, well done.

Got oodles of Einstein tasks myself because I increased Windows BOINC cache to grab many of the last BU tasks. POGS cache didn't increase though because it's running on a MacOS BOINC install in VMware.

Dingo

:yes

I have 124 Bitcoin Tasks waiting to run.  I run 6 at a time so won't last too long but will get all I can.  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph