News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Windows 10 Creator

Started by Dataman, June 16, 2017, 01:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Just when you think Windows cannot get any worse, it does! It takes longer to start too.
i will not belabor the ugly new "features" as you will soon be forced into them. I took me and hour and a half to "update" plus another half hour to fix drivers.
I just want to give everyone a heads up that you may have to reinstall your GPU drivers. I did. The update defaulted to a MS driver and would not let me roll it back to nVidia. I had to download and reinstall them.
:compbash:

Dingo

I no only had to re install but because the first time didn't work I had to use a third party software (free from AMD) to remove all the drivers for my AMD GPU's and re install them all from the ATI download.  I have a 1Mb download internet connection at the moment so takes a long time to download the drivers.  All good now though  :smilefriday

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

FindersKeepers

It is all done for a better user experience, as per the terms of the customer experience improvement program.

msft is preparing you for Linux .. when the repository turns into a suppository  :rofl: