News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

I9 cpu coming really soon

Started by MAGPIE, August 08, 2017, 09:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGPIE

New I9 CPU not far off now................this is an interesting little write up

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-x-core-i9-7980xe-official-specs-launch-date-confirmed/

Worth a read with a few other links inside :thumbsup:

Sean

Mike Mitchell

All I need now is a couple of grand and a new motherboard.   :fingers
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dataman

Quote from: Mike Mitchell on August 08, 2017, 10:32:03 PM
All I need now is a couple of grand and a new motherboard.   :fingers
... and a small nuclear power plant.  :wink

kashi

Quote from: Dataman on August 08, 2017, 11:02:31 PM
... and a small nuclear power plant.  :wink

Yeh, great Caesar's ghost, 165W TDP, need to be living in high cotton and buy a power station alright. But if it ain't bedbugs, it's ants, Threadrippers are 180W haha, with either of them your crunching room in summer would be hotter than a goat's bum in a chilli patch.

Joking aside, for those with a roof full of solar, these new "heapsacores" Intel and AMD CPUs would be crunching demons, yeeha.

chooka03

I've been following this for months. The I9 will be bloody expensive compared with a threadripper and the 1920X only has a base clock of 2.9Mhz.
Either way, a small fortune would be needed especially for someone with old gear like me (ie needing DDR4 ram on top over everything else)

I think both AMD & Intel motherboards for these are shaping up as VERY expensive also.....then you have cooling especially for the threadripper due to its enormous size.
Couple of grand would only get you the CPU and mobo.

But if money is no object...then hell yeah...the BOINCSTATS are really going to show an uptick in the coming 6 months imo with a those cores coming to market.

:BigGrin

chooka03

In case anyone was considering a threadripper, you might be waiting a while for cooling options.

I read that Umart won't have any Noctua cooling until September! (Air cooling anyway)