News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Merry Christmas to all!

Started by chooka03, December 21, 2017, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of us at BOINC@Australia.

:oz:

Daniel

jave808

Merry Christmas to one and all, here at BOINC@Australia.  Stay safe on the roads and don't drink and drive - you could spill your drink.
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Hurricane

Merry Christmas 🎄 and a happy new year everyone. NFS seems to be down since yesterday afternoon. I'll join the challenges for a while.
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

JugNut

I wish all team members & their families a fun & safe Xmas, and all the very best that life can bring this holiday season.

:oz:

Have a good one and of course crunch-on. :wave:

Mysteron347

Well - it's that time of the year again - so every happiness to all.

But remember - it's that time of the month, too - so spread a little cheer amongst our Kiva borrowers, too!

kashi

Merry Christmas to all.
Hope Santa brought you something good.
He brought me a huge Toblerone,
Some golden earrings from Kartini Studios
And some lovely Ruby Rd shirts.

So pretty!

Oh I'm so pretty
Oh so pretty
Vacant

Oh I'm so pretty
Oh so pretty
Ah but now
And I don't care

Ah, Golden Earrings. Remember the movie?

There's a story the gypsies know is true
That when your love wears golden earrings
She belongs to you
An old love story that's known to very few
But if you wear those golden earrings
Love will come to you

By the burning fire, they will glow with every coal
You will hear desire whisper low inside your soul
So be my gypsy
Make love your guiding light
And let that pair of golden earrings
Cast their spell tonight

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on December 25, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
Merry Christmas to all.

Ms. Clause surprised me. If interested look at the new DM08 (can you say RTX  :wink ) currently doing Collatz at light speed ...   :faint:

So embarassed. All I got her was two big lumps of carbon. The carbon was bonded in a closed|packed|cubic lattice structure. So she would not lose the carbon I had it stuck in two lumps of yellow metal so she could stick it in her ears.  :rofl:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Hope Santa was good to all of you.

:greet  

kashi

Looked but it's hidden, I'm sure it's a rocket though, what a great surprise.  :boom:

Oooh, big lumps of carbon, tres elegant: "square cut or pear shape these rocks don't lose their shape".

Gave my mum one of the shirts and my brother a huge bag of macadamia nuts plus his favourite Mersey Valley cheese. Did a couple of Kiva loans too. And made a giant trifle.
Aha, Coopers Ale and red wine has almost knocked me right out tonight.  :party1:

chooka03

Quote from: Dataman on December 25, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

Ms. Clause surprised me. If interested look at the new DM08 (can you say RTX  :wink ) currently doing Collatz at light speed ...   :faint:

So embarassed. All I got her was two big lumps of carbon. The carbon was bonded in a closed|packed|cubic lattice structure. So she would not lose the carbon I had it stuck in two lumps of yellow metal so she could stick it in her ears.  :rofl:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Hope Santa was good to all of you.

Oh wow Dataman......not just any RTX card...but the mother of all RTX's...The 2080Ti  :worship
Holy Moly.

:rocks

kashi

Yeeha! Unhidden now, what a speedster. So groovy. v:

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on December 25, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

Wow your one lucky guy DM, that really is a super xmas gift. :faint:   Ms Clause sounds like one of the good ones.  :thumbsup:

Dataman

Wow your one lucky guy DM, that really is a super xmas gift. :faint:   Ms Clause sounds like one of the good ones.  :thumbsup:
Indeed, and clever too. She looked up the email in my last order and called them. However the sales person talked her out of 2 liquid cooled 1080 Ti's for an air cooled 2080 Ti.

The 2080 does a Collatz wu in 6 min 25 sec. Tried it at Asteroids but all comp errored in 2 sec. Not sure why as I have not had much time to play with it as we have been visiting her friends in a thinly veiled excuse to show off her carbon.  :wink

tazzduke

Greetings All

Yep, envious with your present, but its your turn to be the lucky one this time lol.

Just had a quick look around and there is a couple of projects having issues, but others aren't.

@Asteroids, application hasn't been updated to work on these RTX cards.
@Einstein, workunits with a specific data file, error out, a couple of Einstein users have also logged this with NVIDIA.
@GPUGrid, application hasn't been updated to work on these RTX cards.

So maybe somewhere in the new year, they will have been updated, but at least you have Collatz, Seti and maybe Milkway.

Have fun and try not to get frostbite, whilst I pop into my pool with the kids lol.

Regards
Mark

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dataman

Quote from: tazzduke on December 29, 2018, 03:50:27 PM
Greetings All

Yep, envious with your present, but its your turn to be the lucky one this time lol.

Just had a quick look around and there is a couple of projects having issues, but others aren't.

@Asteroids, application hasn't been updated to work on these RTX cards.
@Einstein, workunits with a specific data file, error out, a couple of Einstein users have also logged this with NVIDIA.
@GPUGrid, application hasn't been updated to work on these RTX cards.

So maybe somewhere in the new year, they will have been updated, but at least you have Collatz, Seti and maybe Milkway.

Have fun and try not to get frostbite, whilst I pop into my pool with the kids lol.

Regards
Mark

Yes, it is that time of the year when Universities are ghost towns. This morning was the first time in a week that all of my selected projects had work. Makes the server room nice and toasty.

I am OK leaving the RTX at Collatz as it does 5+ million credits/day on a single GPU.  :dance:

The pool sounds great. It was -3C here this morning and the pond has a layer of ice. While having breakfast we watched a flock of finches trying to break through the film of ice on the birdbath. Karen finally relented and poured warm water in it for them. They seemed appreciative.

Happy New Year