News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

New work coming mid year

Started by Rob, April 05, 2009, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Pasquale the project admin posted this a few days ago.

QuoteNow some good news: the new app is looking good, even if still not ready for deployment (maybe 3 months to go, mainly due to other issues now requiring our attention). It will take over the old app, and run on real data (real sky coverage by real NEA surveys, with new data coming in every night). WUs should run much faster on this app, and we will try to keep average crunch time on the order of hours on most computers.

veebee

great news ! thanks for the heads up Rob

Wang Solutions

Yes, Pasquale has made his once a season forum post.  biggrin

There is a warning with it though - when the new app is ready they are going to simply delete all WUs in progress - so if you have a reissue make sure you crunch it and return it ASAP or you could find that 300+ hours of crunch time are simply wasted.

Tin Man

I'll believe it when it happens.  This project has been a huge disappointment so far

yoda

Wait and see.  I only ran one of the original wok units.  Didn't want to run more of them because they took longer than a Climate model (HADSM3) on my quad.

If the new ones are going to take hours (like 24 or less)  I'll be in it again.

Vajras

i just wish that i had been given some credit for that one that got away somewhere

Rob

Pasquale has posted another update on the ORBIT home page http://orbit.psi.edu/?q=node/25 At the very end he says "We plan to resume active development in March 2010". There is some confusion on the forums whether he means there will be actual wu's in March or if they're just going to resume working on the App.
Given the track record for this project I'll keep my fingers crossed, but wont be holding my breath ::)

BF

Wang Solutions

At this rate I think we are more likely to be hit by some celestial object before we actually see any new WUs in this project!