News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by jmblazek, April 05, 2009, 03:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmblazek

Here's an update for PrimeGrid.  Currently the following projects are offered (recently new projects  are in blue):

LLR Projects (primality testing)

• 321 Prime Search (BOINC)
  • 12121 Prime Search (PRPNet)
  • Cullen Prime Search (BOINC)
  • Generalized Cullen/Woodall Prime Search Base 13 (PRPNet)
  • Prime Sierpinski Project (BOINC, LLRNet*, Manual*)
  • Primorial Prime Search (PRPNet) - coming soon!
  • Proth Prime Search (BOINC)
  • Proth Prime Search Extended (PRPNet)
  • Sophie Germain Prime Search (PRPNet)
  • Twin Prime Search (BOINC)
  • Woodall Prime Search (BOINC)

Sieve Projects (finding factors)

• 321 Sieve (BOINC)
  • 12121 Sieve (Manual)
  • Cullen/Woodall Sieve (BOINC)
  • Generalized Cullen/Woodall Sieve (Manual)
  • Prime Sierpinski Project Sieve (BOINC, Manual*)
  • Primorial Sieve (Manual)
  • Proth Sieve (BOINC)
  • Proth Sieve Extended (Manual)
  • Twin Prime Sieve (Manual**)

* offered through the Prime Sierpinski Project in the Mersenne Forum
** offered through the Twin Prime Search in the Mersenne Forum

As you can see, there's a wide variety of work to do from BOINC to PRRNet to Manual.  There are applications for 32 bit and 64 bit Linux and Windows and MacIntel/PPC (PRPNet only).  WU's range from less than a minute to more than 48 hours.

Please visit PrimeGrid to see if there's any project that suits your interests.  For those specifically interested in PRPNet, please visit this thread.  Multicore installations makes management easy.  :)

Overwhelmed???  See the following:

Only interested in Top 5000 primes, check out the Proth Prime Search Extended in PRPNet.  Recent stats on port 9000 show the following rates (Q6600 running 24/7):

• 1-2 Top 5000 primes per core every 10 days
  • 1-2 Top 5000 primes per dual core every 5 days
  • 1-2 Top 5000 primes per quad core every 2-3 days
  • 1-2 Top 5000 primes per dual quad core every 1-2 days
  • 1-2 Top 5000 primes per 10 cores every 1 day

Best of Luck finding primes!!!

Vajras

Cruncher Pete

From PrimeGrid News Archive:

28 Apr 09:

Only 24 hours remain until it starts "raining" factors. A 2 day (48 hour) Challenge is being offered on PrimeGrid's Prime Sierpinski Project (Sieve) application. Come join us for a shower of factors in hopes to make those hidden primes bloom. :) For more information, please see this forum post.

Dingo

Primegrid has extended it's badges so there are new badges and colours.  For more information go HERE

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

JugNut

Hey Dingo we seem to  both be sporting flash new green badges in PG.  :thumbsup:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dingo

My problem is that I am colourblind and can't see the difference in some of the badges. :jester:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

PrimeGrid: PPS Mega Prime!
On 10 May 2015, 00:56:17 UTC, PrimeGrid's Mega Prime Search found the Mega Prime:

249*2^3486411+1

The discovery was made by Evelyn Chew (Crackenback ) of Australia using an Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz with 4GB RAM running Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise. This computer took about 2 hours 37 minutes to complete the primality test using LLR. Evelyn is a member of the BOINC@AUSTRALIA team.

Evelyn Chew is not a member of the forum but finding a mega prime is a great achievement.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

HUGE Team Milestone for PrimeGrid 3,100,000,000. http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=pgrid&team=25

Congrats to all Team members that have crunched Primegrid.  :congrats :congrats

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

PrimeGrid: Solar Eclipse Challenge Starts August 20th at 18:00 UT
It's the challenge you've been waiting for, GCW-LLR!

Running from August 20th 18:00 UTC until August 23rd 18:00 UTC.

For more information, please see the official challenge thread: http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=7540

So come and join us and celebrate the Solar eclipse of August 21, 2017.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

I have joined PrimeGrid: 2018 Tour de Primes begins February 1st! and put all my cores and my one GPS on it.  I haven't found a prime for a while.

NOTE:  The best setting is to have zero days work and zero additional work set in the "Computing Preferences" in BOINC Manager.  This way you return work as soon as it is done, because the first one to return a Prime gets awarded the number.

PrimeGrid: 2018 Tour de Primes begins February 1st!

Our annual Tour de Primes challenge begins in a little over one day from now, and runs for the entire month of February.
Unlike other challenges, you don't get a trophy just for participating -- you have to actually find primes to win something!
As with last year, we will be awarding special "jersey badges" to the winners in four different categories. This year, we're also offering special badges that are available to anyone who finds an eligible prime!
Come join us in February. More information about Tour de Primes can be found here .

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

There have been 209 Primes found since the start which is great except I have not found any yet.  Will persist until the AA starts.

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

So guys is there a particular work unit that produces a juicy amount of credits? Or just crunch anything & everything?

Anyone run multiple WU's on GPU tasks?

Edit - Looks like AP27 tasks are the way to go. I think I'll just have a crack at all the short & medium tasks. Bugger it.

Daniel

Hi Chooka,

I haven't compared the credit from all the different sub projects.
It would be interesting to know which one produces the most credit.

I've mainly been doing the Proth Prime Search Sieve (PPS-Sieve).
You might want to give this one a try.
It seems to do well on my NVidia GPUs.
The down side is you don't actually find an primes with the PPS-Sieve.

chooka03

Thanks Daniel.
I can give you a little insight here with what I've recently crunched -

AP27 - 4043 credits but WU times varied from 6000 sec - 69000 seconds for those credits.
GCW Sieve - 546 credits for between 3500 sec - 6500sec WU's.
GFN 15 - 36 credits for around 70 sec WU.
GFN 16 - 99.7 credits for 200 sec to 7800 sec WU's.
GFN 17 Low - 425 credits for 600 sec to 35000 sec WU's.
GFN Mega - 463 credits for 700sec to 37000 sec WU's.
GFN 18 - 1640 credits for 1850 sec WU's.
GFN 19 - 7400 credits for 7600 sec WU's.
PPS Mega - 315 credit for 5100 - 10000 sec WU's.
PPS LLR - 158 credits for 2500 - 6500 sec WU's.
PPS Sieve - 3371 credits for 1000 - 40000 sec WU's.  (I noticed here to 40000 sec tasks are being done by the built in INTEL Intel(R) HD Graphics 2500 on my hexacore. I might have to turn that rubbish off!)
PPSE - 57.4 credits for 1000 - 1800 sec WU's.
SGS - 39.9 credits for 875 - 1800 sec WU's. (The shorter WU's here are being done by the HD graphics :? )
SR5 - 1740 credits for 27500 sec WU's.
TRP - 4652 credits for 52000 sec WU. (These have ONLY been done via the HD 2500)

So this info could be useless as it seems some work is being done by my RX 480 and other work done by the HD Graphics 2500?? I just noticed when I chose the different computer number, some show the RX 480 and others show the HD.