News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

The Opt-In Bomb

Started by zzrhardy, January 04, 2019, 08:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzrhardy

Belatedly realised the impact scale of the opt-in for data exports: when it kicked in my rank went from 286th to 109th.

Only 38% had opted in. The stats are pretty meaningless now.

Current builds: Kuroneko and Chibineko

tazzduke

Yep,

BOINCSTATS only 65 members with 44 active

Einstein only 1344 members with 136 active.

That tells a story now doesn't it.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

Yes I noticed I'm 87th in the world for Einstein@Home now lol  :rofl:

The flip side is, I still see our team do well because this would have affected all teams and we have a pretttty dedicated team as it is :)

:party:

JugNut

Quote from: zzrhardy on January 04, 2019, 08:44:51 PM
Belatedly realised the impact scale of the opt-in for data exports: when it kicked in my rank went from 286th to 109th.

Only 38% had opted in. The stats are pretty meaningless now.

Agreed it's a ridiculous situation. :thumbdown:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dingo

I have done all that I can at the moment.  I have sent an email using an old email list that I think had Einstein members on it.  I have placed a message on our Facebook page and on this forum.  There is a feature on the Einstein web site that allows me to send an email to all members that have ticked the box to receive emails but the feature does not work and the admins have advised that it will not be fixed any time soon.

The Team will have to crunch on and hope that other Teams have the same level of member participation or non participation ?

:rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Business as usual for me.

:greet