News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

2019 Tour de Primes

Started by chooka03, February 01, 2019, 06:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Hmmm thanks guys. I am referring to the PPSE work units.
My config file looks like this and I have BOINC set to 50% CPU usage just as they suggested on the Primegrid website.

<app_config>
  <app>
     <name>llrPPSE</name>
     <fraction_done_exact/>
     <report_results_immediately/>
  </app>
  <app_version>
      <app_name>llrPPSE</app_name>
      <cmdline>-t 5</cmdline>
      <avg_ncpus>5</avg_ncpus>
  </app_version>
</app_config>

I have >5< which runs 3 WU's across 15 cores so you might be onto something there Dingo.
I've noticed my PPSE run times are about 800+ seconds which seems a bit slow.
Maybe I just need to stop worrying about it.

Thx for the advice guys  :thumbsup:

chooka03

Dingo

:congrats01 Chooks +1  :party: :party:

That is now five members that have a P2019 Badge and one with a P2019(2).  Well done I hope theree are mpre to come.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

tazzduke

Way to go Chooka, finally.  :congrats +1 as well.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

Thx guys.

I'm still trying to work out the best app_config to have. I don't think >16< and running 1 x WU is the best option. Sure it will finish fast but I'll have a lower throughput.
I've been using >5< to run 3 x wu's but now I might try >4< to run 4 wu's.

No idea which is the right one though lol. Seems like a trade off, throughput vs speed.

tazzduke

Oh Prime, where thou art Prime.

I eagerly await for you everyday, please come home to me.

Number 2 is so lonely, he wants to meet Number 3.

Hahahahahahaha  :boom:  :party1:  :rofl:

AA 24 - 53 participant

MAGPIE

Quote from: chooka03 on February 12, 2019, 12:39:13 PM
YES!!!
I found one!!

:yes

http://www.primegrid.com/show_user.php?userid=1014486

I'm so happy now!!!

:party:

Knew you would mate....it is indeed great news and you deserve it....patience paid off :thumbsup:   +1

I have switched over my main to PPS and GFN 17 MEGA now, hoping for a bigger prime (emphasis on the hope) haha

chooka03

Oh how depressing....I've been the double checker for the 3rd time.... this time to Scott Brown  :thumbdown:
Oh well. I think he has things pretty fine tuned.

chooka03

[/quote]

Knew you would mate....it is indeed great news and you deserve it....patience paid off :thumbsup:   +1

I have switched over my main to PPS and GFN 17 MEGA now, hoping for a bigger prime (emphasis on the hope) haha

[/quote]

Likewise Magpie. I'm happy that I got the P badge. I've thrown MEGA into the mix also.

JugNut

Well done chooka you did it!!  :worship    It must be a great relief to finally have a P..  :rofl:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

chooka03

LOL Jugnut...it is mate!  :thumbsup:

Kinda looking for an M now  :dance:

Dingo

I am going away in the morning so my main Ryzen machine with the 1080Ti will be off for a week.  I am hoping to get at least one more Prime before the end of the month and I have four dedicated Linux servers running at 100% while I am away and I will run my old laptop when I get to where I am staying for the week.

:rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Mike Mitchell

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

chooka03

WOW...... I see a 2070 doing GFN-16's in 62 seconds  :faint:

Must look up what a 2080Ti does!  :bloodshot