News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

2019 Tour de Primes

Started by chooka03, February 01, 2019, 06:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Hmmm thanks guys. I am referring to the PPSE work units.
My config file looks like this and I have BOINC set to 50% CPU usage just as they suggested on the Primegrid website.

<app_config>
  <app>
     <name>llrPPSE</name>
     <fraction_done_exact/>
     <report_results_immediately/>
  </app>
  <app_version>
      <app_name>llrPPSE</app_name>
      <cmdline>-t 5</cmdline>
      <avg_ncpus>5</avg_ncpus>
  </app_version>
</app_config>

I have >5< which runs 3 WU's across 15 cores so you might be onto something there Dingo.
I've noticed my PPSE run times are about 800+ seconds which seems a bit slow.
Maybe I just need to stop worrying about it.

Thx for the advice guys  :thumbsup:

chooka03

Dingo

:congrats01 Chooks +1  :party: :party:

That is now five members that have a P2019 Badge and one with a P2019(2).  Well done I hope theree are mpre to come.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

tazzduke

Way to go Chooka, finally.  :congrats +1 as well.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

Thx guys.

I'm still trying to work out the best app_config to have. I don't think >16< and running 1 x WU is the best option. Sure it will finish fast but I'll have a lower throughput.
I've been using >5< to run 3 x wu's but now I might try >4< to run 4 wu's.

No idea which is the right one though lol. Seems like a trade off, throughput vs speed.

tazzduke

Oh Prime, where thou art Prime.

I eagerly await for you everyday, please come home to me.

Number 2 is so lonely, he wants to meet Number 3.

Hahahahahahaha  :boom:  :party1:  :rofl:

AA 24 - 53 participant

MAGPIE

Quote from: chooka03 on February 12, 2019, 12:39:13 PM
YES!!!
I found one!!

:yes

http://www.primegrid.com/show_user.php?userid=1014486

I'm so happy now!!!

:party:

Knew you would mate....it is indeed great news and you deserve it....patience paid off :thumbsup:   +1

I have switched over my main to PPS and GFN 17 MEGA now, hoping for a bigger prime (emphasis on the hope) haha

chooka03

Oh how depressing....I've been the double checker for the 3rd time.... this time to Scott Brown  :thumbdown:
Oh well. I think he has things pretty fine tuned.

chooka03

[/quote]

Knew you would mate....it is indeed great news and you deserve it....patience paid off :thumbsup:   +1

I have switched over my main to PPS and GFN 17 MEGA now, hoping for a bigger prime (emphasis on the hope) haha

[/quote]

Likewise Magpie. I'm happy that I got the P badge. I've thrown MEGA into the mix also.

JugNut

Well done chooka you did it!!  :worship    It must be a great relief to finally have a P..  :rofl:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

chooka03

LOL Jugnut...it is mate!  :thumbsup:

Kinda looking for an M now  :dance:

Dingo

I am going away in the morning so my main Ryzen machine with the 1080Ti will be off for a week.  I am hoping to get at least one more Prime before the end of the month and I have four dedicated Linux servers running at 100% while I am away and I will run my old laptop when I get to where I am staying for the week.

:rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Mike Mitchell

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

chooka03

WOW...... I see a 2070 doing GFN-16's in 62 seconds  :faint:

Must look up what a 2080Ti does!  :bloodshot