News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

New sub-project on Primegrid

Started by Dingo, September 07, 2019, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I started running a few of these multithreaded before the WCG challenge  I don't have a  Badge and would like one.  The application name for your app_config.xml is llrDIV.   Remember there is a change to the app_config comming soon.  see this notice:

QuotePrimeGrid: New Project: Fermat Divisor Search
PrimeGrid is proud to announce that we have a new sub-project, the Fermat Divisor search.
This is a variant of our other PPS (Proth Prime Search) sub-projects and is specially designed to have a better chance of finding a Fermat Divisor.
Unlike most of our other sub-projects, this one will not run forever. It has a limited number of candidates to check, and once they're gone, the project is over. My best guess is that this project will last about three months.
It uses the same badge and stats as the other PPS sub-projects, so there's no new badge. But this is probably the best chance of discovering a Fermat divisor and earning that rare badge.

For more information and discussion, read this forum thread.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA