News:

Time Zone converter can be found here which is useful for Challenges.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dataman, December 18, 2019, 06:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

This is a Linux only project but I found out quite by accident that they WILL run on RPi's even though there is no mention of that on their site. Since it is an NCI project, there is no impact on other wu's. From now until 1/1/20 there is an opportunity to get Beta badges.

:greet

EDIT: JN already has a bronze ... sneaky little bugger ...  :rofl:


JugNut

#1
Yep just got my bronze beta badge  :thumbsup:

Did you have any problems running them on your raspberry pi's DM?
To get mine to run properly I had to change an environment settings on each raspberry Pi. It's some kind of location bug in Raspbian that only affects some people in certain locations/timezones. Well thats my understanding of it anyway.  (if needed the fix I used is in the linux section on ithena forums).  Before I applied the fix the work units would just run forever. But since then it's been running great.  Perhaps the only exception being the occasional stalled upload.

LOL It looks like sometime in the next few months I may finally get one whole credit!  Whoo Hoo!!  :crazy
Yep that 0.00000333 credit per work unit really adds up.  :rofl:

PS: Has anyone tried running these in extra boinc instances yet?


 - Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's


     Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Cruncher Pete

No luck here.  I have tried to add it as a new project many times since start but am always told that new signs is disabled.

tazzduke

Greetings All

On Tuesday night I created my account, logged in and joined team, also in work preferences I had to enable test apps.

I got two of my Linux Boxes attached to this project and initially it had bad communication statues, then they started crunching tasks.

Cheers



 AA 24 - 53 participant

Dingo

Quote from: JugNut on December 18, 2019, 02:28:13 PM

PS: Has anyone tried running these in extra boinc instances yet?

I tried but they locked up the machine and all the CPU's ran at 100%.  I also ran out of memory so I am just dooing nci.goofy on multiple instances of BOINC.   It might have been the machine I tried, it wasn't a robust machine just a bare minimum machine.  :compbash:


Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.

Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on December 18, 2019, 02:28:13 PM
Yep just got my bronze beta badge  :thumbsup:

Did you have any problems running them on your raspberry pi's DM?
To get mine to run properly I had to change an environment settings on each raspberry Pi. It's some kind of location bug in Raspbian that only affects some people in certain locations/timezones. Well thats my understanding of it anyway.  (if needed the fix I used is in the linux section on ithena forums).  Before I applied the fix the work units would just run forever. But since then it's been running great.  Perhaps the only exception being the occasional stalled upload.

LOL It looks like sometime in the next few months I may finally get one whole credit!  Whoo Hoo!!  :crazy
Yep that 0.00000333 credit per work unit really adds up.  :rofl:

PS: Has anyone tried running these in extra boinc instances yet?
Mixed results for me. All of them get wu's but ~2/3 run forever without completing. The older machines work the newer ones don't. I am not going to fix them as I am not at all interested in this project; just wanted to snag a beta badge. I think I can get one anyway. That's the problem with having 20; it takes me over an hour just to add a project much less fix code.


JugNut

#6
Eek that doesn't sound pleasant Dingo.  :thumbdown:

@ Pete: You have to make an account from the ithena home page first. Click the "join this project" button and create an account that way. Then just attach your pharm as usual.

PS: As tazzduke mentioned you have to select "enable test apps" to get any work.
Oh and make sure you select the check boxes labeled "General terms-of-use for this BOINC project" and   
"Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?" to get your stats exported when the time comes.
Grr GPRD garbage.  :boom:

@ Dataman: If you can get them all attached to boinc-tasks you can attach all your Pi's to any project all at once.
Although I do have that problem with some android devices. Because they can't be connect to boinc-tasks they have to be attached one by one.  It's a pain so I recently attached just them to BAM. Works great I can't figure why I didn't do it earlier. LOL    


 - Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's


     Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on December 19, 2019, 01:33:37 AM

@ Dataman: If you can get them all attached to boinc-tasks you can attach all your Pi's to any project all at once.
Although I do have that problem with some android devices. Because they can't be connect to boinc-tasks they have to be attached one by one.  It's a pain so I recently attached just them to BAM. Works great I can't figure why I didn't do it earlier. LOL
I quit using BOINCTasks a long time ago. I never looked into using BAM. Maybe I will look into it after the first of the year. Seems Karen has an extra heaping helping of Holiday Spirit this year and we have been busy. I, on the other hand, will just be glad when it is over.  :wink


Dingo

#8
Quote from: Dataman on December 19, 2019, 01:02:49 AM

Mixed results for me. All of them get wu's but ~2/3 run forever without completing. The older machines work the newer ones don't. I am not going to fix them as I am not at all interested in this project; just wanted to snag a beta badge. I think I can get one anyway. That's the problem with having 20; it takes me over an hour just to add a project much less fix code.

@Dataman.  Have you looked into parrallel-ssh https://parallel-ssh.readthedocs.io/en/latest//  you can install it on one machine and update all the others from there with one command.


Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.

Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Thanks. Bookmarked it. More reading when I have a chance.


NudgeyNR

Quote from: Dataman on December 19, 2019, 01:48:54 AM
Quote from: JugNut on December 19, 2019, 01:33:37 AM

@ Dataman: If you can get them all attached to boinc-tasks you can attach all your Pi's to any project all at once.
Although I do have that problem with some android devices. Because they can't be connect to boinc-tasks they have to be attached one by one.  It's a pain so I recently attached just them to BAM. Works great I can't figure why I didn't do it earlier. LOL
I quit using BOINCTasks a long time ago. I never looked into using BAM. Maybe I will look into it after the first of the year. Seems Karen has an extra heaping helping of Holiday Spirit this year and we have been busy. I, on the other hand, will just be glad when it is over.  :wink

What made you stop using BoincTasks ?? Has made my life alot easier when it come to management of my machines.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32GB ram RTX 2080 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 32GB ram RTX 2060 Super Windows 10 Ent 64bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 32GB ram RTX 2070S Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i7 4790 16GB ram GTX 1060 6GB Windows 10 Ent 64bit
# Intel i7 5930K 16GB ram Windows 10 Ent 64bit (Not running needs a GPU)
Intel i7 4770K 28GB ram GTX 960 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i5 3470 8GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 3470 12GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 3470 16GB ram GTX 750 Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 4460 16GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 4200M 8GB ram Intel HD 4600 Windows 10 Ent 64bit (NCI only)
Intel Atom C3538 6GB Kubuntu 20.04 (pi-hole) (VM Synology DS1819+ NAS 16Gb ram) 2cores



Dataman

I never could get it to work well; always having to fix something. Stopped adding new machines; then stopped using it altogether.


JugNut

#12
iThena has a new windows NCI app. Also the credit has been raised for the new app. :thumbsup: 

It's now a massive 2 credit per work unit.  :rofl:



 - Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's


     Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

NudgeyNR

#13
Just noticed a whole NEW set of BADGES based on a participants total PERF credits. :BigGrin

:gt
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32GB ram RTX 2080 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 32GB ram RTX 2060 Super Windows 10 Ent 64bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 32GB ram RTX 2070S Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i7 4790 16GB ram GTX 1060 6GB Windows 10 Ent 64bit
# Intel i7 5930K 16GB ram Windows 10 Ent 64bit (Not running needs a GPU)
Intel i7 4770K 28GB ram GTX 960 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i5 3470 8GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 3470 12GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 3470 16GB ram GTX 750 Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 4460 16GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 4200M 8GB ram Intel HD 4600 Windows 10 Ent 64bit (NCI only)
Intel Atom C3538 6GB Kubuntu 20.04 (pi-hole) (VM Synology DS1819+ NAS 16Gb ram) 2cores