News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

CanCPUCore.exe ??

Started by Mysteron347, February 10, 2020, 12:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysteron347

Until recently, I was running Gerasim apparently successfully on my machine that runs 24/7 (Win10). Only problems occurring were when the machine decided to reboot, where the in-progress tasks were lost since Gerasim appears not to checkpoint.

I occasionally bring up a second machine (W2012 server) for a few hours (OK - when the solar power system is generating sufficiently that it's only costing me the big 7c/KWh I'd otherwise get from Western Power). That machine has never run a Gerasim task successfully - an executable named CanCPUCore.exe crashes.

A few days ago, my main machine also borked on the same executable - which had been copied into ~800 "slots" directories causing BOINCTASKS to stop and object.

So - I've turned off Gerasim, but I can't find any reference to that executable.  Even mighty Google denies knowledge.

Anyone got any clues about this??

Dingo

I run Gerism on my main computer and I searched for that executable on the machine and it was found in the \projects\gerism.boinc.ru folder.  I also had three app crash files from 31 Jan 20 where the program crashed but I could not see why in the file.  So must be part of gerism and used on the application ??

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA