News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Year of the Rat Challenge

Started by chooka03, March 02, 2020, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Year of the Rat Challenge - http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=9063

5 day challenge starting 12/03 - 17/03. This is a LLR - SR5 sub project challenge.
Only 5 days so I'll give it a go.

:oz:

Dingo

I am going to pass on this one.  Had enough of Primegrid for a while.  Just doing some SETI as it is my worst project for credit on the Team stats.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

This challenge is on at the same time as the Formula BOINC sprint. Hope the sprint isn't one of my chosen projects.

Dingo

Starts 17:00 12 March Sydney time
Project is SR5
Finishes 17:00 17 March Sydney Time

NOTE: If the candidate being tested is indeed prime, the task will take ALMOST 10 TIMES AS LONG TO COMPLETE. If a task is taking longer than expected, DO NOT ABORT IT!

Refer to this post for Info:  http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=9063&nowrap=true#138719

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

TIM B

I just setup prime grid up on my computers . Im going to start early to see if I have everything configured rite.

Dingo

I have all my machines setup for Multi Thread ready to start tomorrow at 17:00.  Still doing PRPNet till then.

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

And we're off!!!  v:

I get the impression this comp is more about throughput than 1st's like TdP was. I'm going to try one 6 core pc running 1 task and the other running 2 tasks. See how that goes.

:gt

Dingo

Started packing up my place before the move.  Down to four dedicated servers on the web for the challenge.

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

I'm not having much luck with this challenge. Multiple times, Windows has updated my machines and I've woken to find they've restarted and are just sitting idle :/
Oh well.

tazzduke

Well I have one of my Linux PC's crunching this challenge (i7-3770) and its doing okay, but its the fastest PC i have at the moment.

My ryzen is running WCG, forgot to set NNT and it managed to grab a boatload of ARP workunits, so I couldn't abort those lol

My other Linux box (i7-870) is on WCG duties as well, it's just not fast enough to do the SR5 tasks, it might be alright for the next PG challenge in April on the SGS subproject, but will test it out.

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant