News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Grid down

Started by clownius, April 12, 2009, 12:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clownius

Cant seem to connect to GPUGrid atm and i just installed my second GTX295 too.  Is it down for everyone?  I just errored out both my spare work units so the GPU's are going cold.  Dont you love what Vista does when you install new hardware.

yoda

Yes it's been down for quite a while (maybe all day?)  I have one WU in progress, none left in cache.

clownius

Awwww well at least its not just me then.  Hope its up soon so i can let the hungry beasts loose and attempt to double my output.

mike047

Quote from: clownius on April 12, 2009, 12:39:29 AM
Cant seem to connect to GPUGrid atm and i just installed my second GTX295 too.  Is it down for everyone?  I just errored out both my spare work units so the GPU's are going cold.  Dont you love what Vista does when you install new hardware.

What's Vista :crazy

Ubuntu for the win :thumbsup:

All my gpus are drying up also.  Hope they get it fixed soon or it will be a long cold weekend.

dyeman

guess it's time to fire up seti CUDA to keep things warm until they're back.

Folding Stats

clownius

Great idea i forgot about seti.

yoda

Quote from: clownius on April 12, 2009, 01:23:59 PM
Great idea i forgot about seti.

No use for me as they (according to the list of apps) only support CUDA on 32 bit Windows.  :(

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/apps.php

Ah well, such is life.  4 CPU cores and a GPU down for the weekend.

dyeman

There seems to be something at lunatics (http://lunatics.kwsn.net/linux/seti-mb-cuda-for-linux.0.html) but not sure how well it works (and seems to use 100% of a core just to drive the GPU)

Folding Stats

yoda

Quote from: dyeman on April 12, 2009, 06:38:39 PM
There seems to be something at lunatics (http://lunatics.kwsn.net/linux/seti-mb-cuda-for-linux.0.html) but not sure how well it works (and seems to use 100% of a core just to drive the GPU)

Can't get that to work.  Work units error out after something like 15 seconds.

Example: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=1203156637

Ends with:
Cuda error 'cudaMemcpyToSymbol(cudaAcc_GaussFit_settings, (void*) &settings, sizeof(settings))' in file './cudaAcc_gaussfit.cu' in line 454 : invalid device symbol.

Rob

Looks like it'll be another day or so before it's back up. Just found this on the Berkely Boinc forums

QuoteNews from Gianni (GPUGRID admin)

"Gianni De Fabritiis" wrote:

Hi, happy Easter. In perfect timing, it seems that we had a power cut and the server is down. I am not sure if we can bring it up before Tuesday morning. We will be probably change the deadlines so people will be able to get credits.
    gdf

yoda

At least there's news - the project has not disappeared without a trace like at least one other project did in the past.

I believe GPUGrid is based in Spain, so even if they get it up and running at say 9am  (their) Tuesday morning, that would be Tuesday afternoon/evening in Australia

clownius

Oh well at least we know whats happening sort of.  Seti is keeping my GPU's warm for now.

Furlozza

Well, uploaded the two jobs I had on TheGnat, but they aren't recorded in my results as at 5.23 PM 14/04/09

got the new masterfile, but it can't open the database, so I guess I continue playing games *grin*.... after "Time Team" *grin*

EDIT: Was granted credit, but at the normal rate *sigh*..... even though should have been 150% in at least one case.... but it sure as heck beats MW and it's crash :rofl:

dyeman

Seems to be down again (at least it's not the Easter weekend!)

Folding Stats

clownius

Not again.  Gah i just found out why my computer was crashing too.  It seems you should never run 2 GTX 295's on one 12v rail of your PSU lol.  Not even if its a 1500W PSU