News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

The US Election

Started by jave808, November 08, 2020, 10:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jave808

Well, it's happened. Trump has lost and Biden will take over.

Trump had his 4 years to make a difference, and yes, he did make a difference. I don't hate the man, just don't care for him much. When he was first elected I said to myself - "Trump knows how to make money, but he's no politician."

So my prediction is that somehow Biden will handover the reins to Kamala Harris. I don't know how he'll do this. He may get really sick, or die, or use some sort of legal political move to hand over. I doubt very much that he'll run in 2024.

What are your thoughts? Do you as an Australian care?
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

tazzduke

So over it, trying to get away from it, is very hard, with the 24 news cycle and well news just in Biden this, or Trump that.  My Thoughts.

AA 24 - 53 participant

TouchuvGrey

i have dual Australian/American citizenship. Trump is behaving like a spoiled
two year old. He needs to accept that he lost and move on.

i think the whole world is laughing at him now, ummmm, even more than before.

He made a difference, he was the most divisive president the US ever had ( and i
remember Richard Nixon )

jave808

Yes, Trump's behavior is quite embarrassing. Not only is he embarrassing himself, but the whole country.

I have nothing against the Republican party, but they clearly did not win this one. Once they get the recounts done in those 4 states, the result will stay the same.

I don't think Trump will ever concede. He's just too full of himself and sadly for him, won't be able to admit defeat.
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit