News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Where have you travelled?

Started by jave808, December 17, 2020, 11:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jave808

I'm interested in hearing where people have travelled to over the course of their lives.

Personally, I went on a family holiday to Yugoslavia when I was 9. Met A LOT of uncles, aunties and cousins. I still keep in touch with a few of them over Facebook and the Viber app.

Back home, I did a FIFO job from Newcastle to Roxby Downs to work at the Olympic Dam mine (2006-2007). I did that for one and a half years, then I had enough of it! 3 flights to get there and 3 flights to get back. Roster was 13 days on, 13 days off. Made some money and saw a part of the country not many people get to see.

What about you? Where have you travelled in this world?
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Dataman

For starters I have been in all 50 States in America. I admit a couple were only from an airport to a hotel to a conference room back to the hotel and the airport. Outside the US:

Mexico
Canada
Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos (not a pleasurable travel excursion as the indigenous populace wanted to kill me.)
Japan (R & R during the above forced travel.)
Tahiti
Norway
England
Belize
Jamaica
Cayman Islands

Always wanted to visit you lot down under but alas I never made it.

:greet

tazzduke

Greetings

Bit of a wanderer in my early days, thanks to the job in the NAVY, visited in no particular order

6 states and 2 territories of Australia
Singapore
Lumut, Ipoh and Penang (Malaysia)
Sasebo, Tokyo, Nagasaki and Ominato (Japan)
Hong Kong
Surabaya, Bali (Indonesia)
Kanchanaburi, Bangkok, Pattaya City and Phuket (Thailand)
Various places in New Zealand (Both islands)
Various places in California, Oregon, Nevada, Washington (State), Arizona, Tennessee, and New York City.

Well thats a start, hopefully some day, will be able to add more.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

I've been fortunate enough to see most of Australia. Growing up in the mining town of Tom Price in the Pilbara, we drove over for Expo in 88 when I was about 10yrs old then drove back again. Did it again when we moved to QLD in 89.
The only state I haven't visited is Tasmania. It's on my bucket list. I've been to the N.T but only briefly for work.
Years ago I went to Japan for a couple of weeks when my g/f was studying there. We stayed in Kyoto. beautiful place, rich in history.
In 2006 I flew with a whole bunch of school friends to Scotland for a friends wedding. After the wedding I went on a Trafalgar tour by myself which took me to U.K, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and finally France. I left the tour in France and met up with my uncle to check out the D-Day beaches as I love WW2 history. By shear chance, I was there 06/06/2006... D-Day commemorations were happening everywhere. We spent the whole day with an old gentlemen name Bill Potty who arrived on the beaches D-Day +2.
Such a fantastic place!

My wife & I went to Thailand in 2012 for a holiday and once I got over the pushy people trying to sell me suits, it was really enjoyable. Alas... Thailand is also where my son was conceived and we've been in the mortgage/family debt trap ever since and haven't traveled since then :(

NZ, Hawaii (to see the USS Missouri) are probably the next places we will visit (one day) or maybe Fiji.

:cheers:

Mike Mitchell

Let's see. Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, USA Inc Hawaii, Korea, China, NZ and all Australia except WA.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dataman

chooka03

So do I Dataman!
I have a 1m long model of BB-63. Took me ages to make when I was a kid.

Dingo

I was born in Canada and on the way to Australia stayed in England for a few months in Birmingham and went to Scotland and Wales.  In 1961 on the trip over to Australia we landed at, but not all ports we could get off the boat due to uprisings, like Port Said.  Ports of call sailing to Australia and Auckland New Zealand via Gibraltar, Naples, Port Said, Aden, Colombo, Fremantle, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.

I have a timeshare on th Gold Coast and I went to Hawaii twice for a week each using my time share swap.

Later in life after my Army career, where I did not get to go Vietnam or anywhere else for that matter, I moved back to Canada and worked in Ottawa.  I was working for an Australian company sub contracted to the Department of National Defense (DND.  We were putting in a new supply system for the Canadian Defense force annd as the Senior Business Consultant I had the task of Implementing all the Canadian Supply Basses and units in Canada from BC to Labrador Canada.  So I have seen a lot of Canada.  During my time in Canada I went on a few cruises to Mexico and the Caribbean leaving from New York.    Living in Ottawa I visited most of the eastern states of the USA like Maine, Vermont , New York State and city,  Pennsylvania.

After I retired in about 2005 and I travelled Canada and the USA mostly on the Western Half of the country but did get over to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to visit the civil war tourist places.  I travelled around for four years so went to all the States in the USA.  Later between 2014-2018 I lived in a 37 foot fifth wheel in BC and towed it down to Arizona in the US to spend the winter.  It had a garage where I kept my trike so did a lot of riding in Arizona, New México, Texas

New Zealand and the pacific Islands are still on my list to visit, as I was supposed to go there then Covid hit and it was all cancelled.    I would also like to travel to Europe but I think the horse has bolted on that one unless I wil the lottery.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA