News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project News - GPUGrid

Started by Cruncher Pete, April 14, 2009, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

Quote from: Dataman on August 02, 2009, 12:17:00 AM
:welcome1: Johno to our team at GPUGrid.  :congrats

WELCOME JOHNO !!!!!   (Is he a mate of yours D'man ?)

Wang Solutions

Yes, and is he on the forum or just on the team?

Dataman

Sorry, I don't know him. I was just in the GPUGrid team page and noticed he joined that day.

BF

From the GPUGrid news feed:

Suggested client version

Thursday, 20 August 2009 10:00 AM

The suggested BOINC client version is now 6.6.36.

BF

From the GPUGrid news feed:

GPUGRID gets first rank in the class

Tuesday, 25 August 2009 10:00 AM

With the title 'A distributed computing system for high-throughput molecular dynamics simulations', Ignasi's masters thesis got the highest mark of the course: 9.6/10. Thank you all and let's keep on working!

Dataman

Dataman

2009-09-30: GPUGRID - Donor: Have your say, propose a research topic
GPUGRID offers the opportunity to its highest donor, once reached the target, to choose a research topic (Cancer, Alzheimer, etc.). Would you like to have your say but can't afford a high enough donation? No problem! Donations made as part of 'an interest group' (Team,...) will be considered as a unit. To donate, click here. Many thanks.

Dataman

I was going to mention this a couple of days ago. When I was upgrading the farm, I noticed when one does an Attach to Project at GPUGrid it says the project is not accepting new members. I though this was strange.  ??? Also they no longer "formally" support anything below GTX2xx cards or GTX260 cards. PS3 crunching has disappeared from their homepage.  ???

:rocks

Dataman

2009-11-19: GPUGRID - Conference "Expanding the frontiers of molecular dynamics simulations in biology" in Barcelona next week
GPUGRID is participating to a conference concentrating the main talents in molecular dynamics in the world today. Gianni De Fabritiis will be giving a talk presenting the work (now in press) on the Dopamine receptor, and Ignasi Buch will be presenting a poster (soon available in the web) on GPUGRID and the application Calculations of binding free energies (we have been recently busy with the paper! News soon). Remember to check out our gallery for pictures of the events.

Dataman

It appears they have suffered a major outage. Even the homepage is down. Very unusual for GPUGrid. I have run out of work on all servers.  :cry2:  :cry2: :cry2: I hope they are back to normal when I wake up.

dyeman

There's a new version of the application released that is around 30% faster than its predecessor.

http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=2005#15370

Folding Stats

Furlozza

To get the new App, you have to change your preferences within GPUGrid, either to just the new app or what ever is your choice. TheGnat has two ready to go, so shall let you know speed improvement. Old wu's would take up to 13 hrs usually on GTS250 with latest drivers. Have no idea of the effect this will have on credits however.

Remember folks, GPUGrid is an nVidia only project.

dyeman

I think the default is to be opted-in to the new app (ACEMD2) - that's what happened for me.  You can then change ypur preferences to opt out of the old (slow) app.

Folding Stats

Furlozza

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllll...... the new app has decreased TheGnat's work by about an hour..... or roughly 12.5% whereas on TermiGnator the time saved is about 45 mins...(grabbing calculator...) 11.5% Bear in mind that I am now not overclocking any cards, so are all at factory settings.

As these are rough (some would say extremely rough figures/percentages) the claim of a 15% increase is quite on the cards... and also have a feeling that the 'slower' the card, the better the increase. Either way, TermiGnator should average 6 jobs a day with the odd 8 job day.

Dataman

I have most of my cards at MW but the one GTX285 @ GPUGrid has seen at least a 10% improvment.  :dance: :mwalk: :dance: