News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project News - GPUGrid

Started by Cruncher Pete, April 14, 2009, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruncher Pete

From GPUGrid News Archive:

We suffered a network failure during these Easter holidays that couldn't be fixed until today. We are getting back to normality now. Thanks for your patience.

yoda

It's looking good.   Uploaded work, got credit and got new work.

mike047

Quote from: Webmaster Yoda on April 14, 2009, 10:04:53 PM
It's looking good.   Uploaded work, got credit and got new work.

For the biggest part, it has gone smoothly for me also.  I have 2 out of 11 that refuse to get work though :thumbdown:

Cruncher Pete

24 Apr 09:

So we are submitting new WUs corresponding to a brand new experiment. We are starting to investigate the structural and dynamical properties of HIV viral proteins in order to help understand how at a molecular level, the virus becomes infectious. We will soon update the science section for it

clownius

Sounds like very worthwhile research.  Make its easier to contribute.

Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.3GHz, 64GBRAM, Asus GTX 780 ROG Poseidon

Cruncher Pete

27 May 09:

GPUGRID participates to the VPH-NoE (www.vph-noe.eu), the EU-supported Network of Excellence for the Virtual Physiological Human. The VPH NoE initiative supports European research in biomedical modelling and simulation of the human body. It will improve our ability to predict, diagnose and treat disease, and have a dramatic impact on the future of healthcare. For more information check the VPH official site

BF

June 5, 2009

The VPH project featured in 'The Times'

The VPH project, in which GPUGRID participates, has been in the news. 'The Times' reported today that the use of animal experiments could be replaced by research on "virtual human beings" and tests on banks of living cells within a generation, following a series of talks given at the Cheltenham Science Festival on June 4th 2009. More information here.

BF

From the GPUGrid news feed:

Big queue of fresh WU!

Monday, 15 June 2009 10:00 AM

We have +2,000 WU in queue to be crunched waiting for you guys! Actually, and that's for real, the publication on the SH2 system may be able to drop off finally after these results. Not only these, but Ignasi is defending his Masters thesis this Friday and would be delighted to show these results (properly credited of course). Many thanks in advance!

BF

Server update

Friday, 19 June 2009 10:00 AM

We have updated to the latest server software. Also now the minimum required driver version is enforced to be at least 180.

yoda

I better check mine - I think one of them still runs 178 or so...

BF

2 billion credits reached!

Yesterday, 23 June 2009, 10:00:00 AM

The GPUGRID.net project just awarded its 2 billionth credit! This means that in totat you donated around a sextillion (10^21) floating point operations, which we used to compute approximately 1 millisecond of simulated trajectories in total. Congratulations to all volunteers!

Tixx

hahah we spent a sextillion calc operations to only produce 1ms of simulation??

far out thats pretty intense.. we'll never find a cure at this rate hahaa

Mike Mitchell

Cure? I thought this project was for artillery research.  :rofl: (He said "trajectories" and I remembered Dingo spent a long time in the ADF).  :cheers:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

BF

Freed server disk space

Wednesday, 8 July 2009 10:00 AM

Tonight (Mediterranean time) we ran out of disk space in the server, so most of you couldn't upload any WU. We optimized (once again) the disk space and are back normality now. Sorry for the inconveniences.

BF

Thousands of WUs

Thursday, 9 July 2009 10:00 AM

It seems that we had some transitory issues with the scheduler, and no WUs were sent. Right now it is working fine. There are thousands of WUs waiting for you, come and get yours!