News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, April 04, 2024, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Quote[ODLK1] Lightning bolt
There was a lightning bolt on 1/4/2024 in the night that damage (e.g. they broke) many electrical devices in the area (1Km^2).
Internet connection were restored only in the morning (as provider is at 200m distance of the server and it was damaged too).

Even if the server is behind a power supply, it get in non operational state (e.g the data disk was disconnected), maybe due to the heavy electrical current it passes onto the battery power supply.

Every disk of the server were un-mount from it and tested in another machine and all data were ok, even if the server did not boot properly.

Now it is running in emergency mode (e.g. it need a manual start up, so if it restart from eventual current blackout, it will no boot) and I will monitoring if all is going right.

During the weekend, I will work on fix it, so the server will be disconnected for some times during the day.

Remember that if the internet connection is on and the server is off, you can see some message here: http://boinc-status.multi-pool.info/ about his state.

Please, remember to set up a backup BOINC project in case of emergency. Thanks.

View article · Wed, 3 Apr 2024 17:56:28 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

Quote[ODLK1] Some issues
I just see today that the OS update of some days ago has stopped something in connection.

Now I reboot all to be sure new kernel were loaded.

Actually log seems good, so I hope that the Boinc activity is restored good.

Thanks

View article · Tue, 7 May 2024 19:15:16 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

Quote[ODLK1] Electrical work 2
It seems that in my area electrical works are every month!

On 16/05/2024 from 9:00 to 13:00 there is no electrical power in the area again, so no connection to server (power supply should be able to carry the 4h of power off and still run the server, but without connection to internet).

Thanks

View article · Mon, 13 May 2024 17:17:53 +0000

Radioactive@home graph