News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

The clowns on the hunt

Started by clownius, April 19, 2009, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clownius

Just fair warning to everyone im on the hunt for number 1 at GPUGrid.  I may even get it.  So fire up those GPU's before i come storming through. :rocks

veebee

was that the sound of gauntlet leather I heard hitting the ground ? ? ?    :rofl:

GOOOO Clownus !!!

yoda

I have little doubt you'll get there Clownius.  No contest from me with my single 9800GT card. 

But WS could still get there before you overtake him...

Furlozza

come in OzLotto

come IN OzLotto

COME IN OZLOTTO!!!!!

be the only way I'll beat anyone...... but a couple (or four) of I7s with three 295s per box........... and I'll accept the challenge Clownius *grin*

clownius

Only 2 GTX 295's in my box atm.  Dont know where id get a PSU big enough for 3.  Ill throw the GTX 280 into the mix as well hopefully tomorrow if i find time.  The gauntlet is thrown down.

Wang Solutions

Hi everyone,

I have been away for the past 11 days and returned to find 6 of my boxes offline  :thumbdown: however they are now all back up and running - and Clownius, I am ready to pick up your gauntlet!  biggrin

I managed to pass one million in GPU Grid while away too (though will mention that in another thread).  :wink

clownius

Sounds like this could get interesting not to mention great for the teams credit.  Let the games begin.

Edit: Moved into number 4 for total credit and number 1 for RAC (although there's nothing in the top 3 for RAC).  Sorry Dingo looks like your next mate and then a long hard chase if i want to catch WS who's about to move into number 1.

Edit2: Looks like im really gonna need that GTX 280 working too.

clownius

Gratz to WS for his move into first position at GPUGrid an awesome effort.  Also gratz to Dingo who appears to be holding off my charge with ease.  Be interested to know what everyones using to produce their current numbers.
Mines a pair of GTX 295's and soon to include a GTX 280 in my server if i ever get around to fixing it.

yoda

Mine's a lone 9800GT producing just short of 10k a day.  Hope to add a GTX260 later this week (it's on order).  That's about the best I can do without upgrading power supplies (fingers crossed!)

And yes, congrats to WS for taking the lead!

Wang Solutions

Thanks.  biggrin Now that I have all computers running again I hope to be able to maintain 30K plus each day in GPU Grid, at least until the MW app becomes available.

I have 4 GT9800s and a GT9500.

Clownius, does your GTX295 do two work units at once, or does it just do them really quickly?

veebee

can anyone tell me how to get a GT9500 and aGT9600 running (an being "detected" by boinc as a cuda device.) without losing my screen resolution please?

both of these boxes use to have the cards detected, but I couldn't get anywhere near niormal screen resolution.. once I "worked out" (still dont know how I did it) how to get my screen res back, the cards aren't seen by boinc.

I have 6.4.5 on all the Ubuntu machines

In the menu: "system- Admin- hardware drivers"..one of the machines"'sees" a few nvidia drivers and asks if I want to install them, but then it just sits on "0 %" forever, whilst the other machine just says "no restricted drivers in use".. without saying if any are available...

yoda

I know you've been struggling with them for some time Veebee but I have no answers.  All I know is that my 9800GT works, as long as I don't reboot it.   (If I do, I have to set it all up again, including the overclock which I can't do remotely... Grrr!)

veebee

on the machine which DID allow me to select/ install drivers, I just did..driver 180.xx and still "No cuda devices found.

I mean OK, Im climbing up the ladder in theteams F@H ranks, but they dont show up in BOINC like GPUgrid points would...  :furious:

yoda

Restart BOINC after installing the driver.  And use the recommended driver (which may not be 180.xx)

Scott

Quote from: clownius on April 21, 2009, 10:09:27 PM
Be interested to know what everyones using to produce their current numbers.

Single 8800GT here, so no real threat to anyone :jester: