News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

upload probs...

Started by veebee, May 01, 2009, 07:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

anyone else having problems sending work BACK to WCG ?

I have a stack of WU's which have been trying to upload for a few days now...

wouldn't want to waste that crunching time by going past the deadlines....

Wang Solutions

Yes, WCG has been down for over 24 hours now.

Mysteron347

OK for me @2am WST, and again @11am WST.

veebee

I didn't appear to be having any troubles on my i7 (Win32) but was on one of the linux boxes.

I ended up "suspend all internet activity" for a minute, then changed it back, and off they went !

So whether that actually fixed it or if WCG came good at that time... I dont know... but all is well now.

Cheers.

kashi

Just got home and I currently can't connect to WCG. Anyone else having trouble?
Have got 6 completed tasks trying to upload and cannot connect to update either. From BOINC messages tab.

26/08/2009 3:23:39 PM   World Community Grid   Sending scheduler request: Requested by user.
26/08/2009 3:23:39 PM   World Community Grid   Not reporting or requesting tasks
26/08/2009 3:23:40 PM      Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
26/08/2009 3:23:43 PM      Internet access OK - project servers may be temporarily down.
26/08/2009 3:23:44 PM   World Community Grid   Scheduler request failed: SSL connect error

Am currently with Soul and am being migrated to a TPG DSLAM. I remember some people had trouble with BOINC and TPG before, it's TPG's transparent proxy that causes the trouble I believe. I think I have to change a http setting somewhere in BOINC. Haha, I remember telling someone how to fix it once but now can't remember what to do myself.

I would have possibly chosen another ISP so as not to risk having BOINC issues with a transparent proxy but there are no Optus ports available in my exchange and no capacity to upgrade, so it's either TPG and their transparent proxy or Telstra.

Edit: All working again now. I was blaming TPG unfairly, just looked and I am still routing through comindico so am still on Soul network. Blasted "walled garden" web redirection is coming up every day and blocking my connection. It is asking me to choose a TPG plan and I already did so yesterday. Lost 10-12K of MilkyWay today because of it. Maybe I can change my DNS until this is all finished.