News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

thanks D-man. Shall keep an eye open for them.

Dataman

Today was WCG's 5th birthday!
And mine too.  :thumbsup:
Registered Member Since: 11/16/04 13:53:14

Tin Man

Dingo

:hapbirth:

Took me a few months to register I guess.    Registered Member Since: 02/11/05 12:40:10

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

veebee

Quote from: Dataman on November 17, 2009, 04:43:56 AM
Today was WCG's 5th birthday!
And mine too.  :thumbsup:

HAPPY FIFTH BIRTHDAY DATAMAN !!!!

WikiWill

Hi all, just a heads up for the badge collectors, WCG is currently issuing beta WUs for 32 bit Windows XP platforms, and possibly others but not 64 bit Win 7.  These are for phase 2 of Discovering Dengue Drugs Together and are about 20-40 minutes work each.  So it's looking positive for a new project to launch there soon.  I haven't checked their forums but there may be more info there.

Dataman

Beta'a at WCG for (hopefully) the next 24 hours.

EDIT: I received 52 on the first round.  :wiggle: Looks like the run times are about 4 hours. Maybe  I'll get some more in about 2 hours.  :mwalk:

Dataman

Apparently the "engine" powering the new WCG projects is this:

http://lammps.sandia.gov/

Sandia is one of the US Govt. labs. I don't know if the project will be from Sandia or some University working with them.

Dataman

The Computing for Clean Water project was just launched. Lots of work for everyone.

Dataman

Dataman

Dingo

BOINC

Jeopardy! to benefit volunteer computing
On January 13th IBM announced that World Community Grid will receive half of the winnings from a man vs. machine contest on the Jeopardy! game show, to air February 14, 15 and 16, 2011.
Source: BOINC
Published: 2011-01-20 00:42:23 GMT

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

WikiWill

The BOINCstats "Year of the Rabbit" sprint is off and running!  Five days to go.  Add some World Community Grid time in your crunching if you can, and keep us on the chart.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=96

veebee

for the WCG sprint, you only have to crunch it ? not register or anything ?

WikiWill

Quote from: veebee on February 03, 2011, 01:22:17 PM
for the WCG sprint, you only have to crunch it ? not register or anything ?

Yes, it's as easy as just crunching.  It's done entirely on the team's output, because Dingo has registered the team.

Any work counts, although aim for WCG sub-projects that return credit quickly rather than sit in pending for days.