News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

Are WU's (GPU) for nVidia or ATI cards.. or are they going to use both ?

EDIT: sorry - should read earlier posts more often.. especially as I HATE it when others do it on facebook etc !  :hbang:

Dataman

We reached 1 billion "points" at WCG. Does anyone remember what a 'point" is?  :rofl:

:oz:

LawryB

Somewhere on the WCG website it states the BOINC points and multiplied by 7 to obtain WCG points.   I guess the reverse should apply, divide by 7.   ?????????????????

Dataman

Quote from: LawryB on March 22, 2012, 09:09:29 AM

Somewhere on the WCG website it states the BOINC points and multiplied by 7 to obtain WCG points.   I guess the reverse should apply, divide by 7.   ?????????????????
You are correct mate and I was just joking. I'm one of the ones who likes to poke WCG with a sharp stick from time to time to remind them converting to BOINC credits was 'on the list' about ... oh ??? ... three years ago.  :furious: Keeping their old United Devices point system is absurd.  :thumbdown:

LawryB

veebee

Hmmm - don't think I have seen a single GPU work unit yet...

Dingo

I have not had a GPU work unit yet either, but I see posts on the WCG forum saying people are crunching them  ???

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on March 27, 2012, 12:53:53 PM
I have not had a GPU work unit yet either, but I see posts on the WCG forum saying people are crunching them  ???

No there are no GPU wu's just the occasional resend. I think the next beta's will be for the 3 VINA app fixes. Sekerob posted the next GPU beta's may not be until April. Good news it you will make it to April before I will.  :rofl:

Dataman

Another new project at WCG with a 4/16 launch. Computing for Sustainable Water.

Preliminary details here:

http://faculty.virginia.edu/CSML/projects.html

Badge here:

It appears to be a short one ... <year. Get crunching mates. :aus1:

kashi

Hmm, not so many work units, I'll need to get stuck into this one to get some badges on the board before it finishes.

Strange how you can look at the same thing multiple ways. I was concentrating on the green when looking at the badge and wondered what a large tortoise eating a drumstick signified. Then I thought of the project name and realised I should look instead at the blue. :crazy

Arrr, I've had some hearty tankards of red wine and Myers's rum today. Haven't had this much grog for months, cruising really nicely now, everything is fine and mellow.:cheers:

Dataman

Ahhhhh, Myer's ...  :worship

It will be interesting to see how many world-wide crunchers will take on a project affecting only one estuary (largest in USA). This bay went from pristine to highly toxic in the last 100 years and, although some areas have been restored, some areas are so oxygen depleted that few creatures can survive. For those interested, there is more information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesapeake_Bay

:oz:

kashi

Well just because the research focuses on a particular area, doesn't mean it doesn't have implications for water quality in other places in the world. For example CFSW lists a model on the Murray-Darling basin in the Papers section of the website.

Just checked your Chesapeake link, it's a big 'un, alright!

I've been given a bottle 4 times now and only noticed on the last one that it's Myers's. I've been calling it Myers or Myer's for years. Endings with s's aren't used much at all now, the label design and spelling must be old. They can spell it with a "z" if they want as long as it still tastes good.;D

Dataman

A reminder that Crunching for Sustainable Water apperars clear to launch on Monday. The last Beta seems good. So I am off to the Bay and start crunching. Soft-shell crabs ... yum yum yum!  :yahoo:

:aus1:

kashi

I'm crunching some right now. No, not soft-shell crabs but CFSW tasks.:crazy

LawryB

Me as well and more when the turmoil that is Harmonious Trees clears my cache (6mins to 40 hours - Yikes  :shock)