News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbo0

Got a huge spike in my PPD. GPU folding is awesome, I just wish you could throttle it
Desktop 1 - Ryzen 9 7950x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB DDR5 6000,
Desktop 2 - Ryzen 7 5700x, RTX 3060ti, 16gb DDR4-3200,
Laptop - Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660ti, 16gb DDR4-3200
SFF Dell - i7 8700, RX 6400, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i7 7700, Tesla P4, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i5 7500, GT 1030, 16GB DDR4
SFF HP - i7 3770, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM
Micro PC - N100, 12GB 4800mhz Ram

Folding@Home Stats

JugNut

Hey guys,

And well spotted Tazz,  I seen that posted somewhere last night but then straight away forgot about it,  so thanks for reminding me.

This is my take so far...
  Given 1 x GPU WU = 33cr avg

So...
    GXT 580 =  15,840 max per day
    GTX 670 =    9,504 max per day
    HD 7970 =  31,968 max per day
    These are maximums based on my own cards,  actual credit will be less because of start stop times and other variables.

For WCG as far as credit goes this ain't bad, but as far as every other GPU project goes it's well.......

Now as far as badges go 1 x GPU is equal to a single core CPU. So want a 1 year badge you have to spend 1 year of GPU crunching. mmmm

In some ways this was to be expected and as far as I can tell is still under review ATM.    At least that's the way I understand it after a few hours crunching & another of blurry eyed reading late last night.     Any thoughts?

kashi

Oberleutnant kashi reporting for duty, Stabshauptmann JugNut. :jester:

HD 5870 Vapor-X @ 900 MHz, Xeon W3520 (i7 920) @ 3.6 GHz HT off, no CPU tasks.

330-400 seconds for 3 concurrent tasks, average time per task about 127 seconds.

From WCGDAWS:

Status : Valid (WUs=3,804, CPU=152.52, Claimed=124,294.2, Granted=123,532.8 )

Lowest claimed 17.8 credits
Highest claimed 55.2 credits
Lowest granted 22.3 credits
Highest granted 43.4 credits

Daily credit is about 22k.
Pending has stabilised at 180-200 tasks.
No errors so far in 3,989 tasks completed.
GPU load 99% with all 3 tasks in GPU phase.
VDDC current maximum is 30.2A.
GPU core temp 59-64 °C (varies with ambient).

JugNut

Hi Kashi,  **clears throat & tries to type in German accent** err var vol Oberleutnant kashi you have been tardy & for this I will remove 1 stripe,  also for being impertinent I will remove another,  how dare you talk top secret boinc information at a boinc site,  you are a disgrace to the B@A boinc army.   And for wearing those thongs, shorts and sunglasses & for not being in proper uniform another stripe will be removed.(if there's any left)   
:jester:
But when housefrau JugNut is not looking I may give you a +1 Karma star & promote you to general for forcing yourself to help one boinc addicted Staff Captain JugNut do his duty.   **clears throat again & says bloody oath mate, not sure why?*** :wink

Thanks for your help..

Cheers ..JN..

PS Sorry I know there was a colonel klink and sergeant schultz joke there somewhere but for the life of me it wouldn't come...

Cruncher Pete

JugNut.  Don't worry about Colonel clink and seargent schultz, your reply was as good as theirs.  I liked it and gave you a + karma. biggrin :congrats

JugNut

LawryB

Ich bin vom Wahnsinn umgeben. Mein armer Vorfahren in ihren Gräbern rollen.

kashi

Haha JugNut and Lawry. :rofl:

Anyway, thongs, thongs, what are these thongs? Natürlich I wear only Birkenstocks.
As for top secret BOINC information? "I know nothing. I see nothing – NOTHING!" :wavey2:

Sean

Well seeing that we are already off topic, you reminded me of this:

Bill Bailey (youtube)     ;D

Sean

There is new work for the Computing for Clean Water project (114 days, see link in signature).

Also if anyone is interested I found that I can leave HCC unchecked with the 'If there is no work available...' checked. This way when the GPU asks for work it finds none for the projects selected and is instead sent HCC work units. While the CPU still only downloads the selected projects. Hope that makes sense?

Sean

There are only 10 days of HCC work units left! Get in quick.  ;D

http://bit.ly/WCGPI1

veebee

Quote from: LawryB on April 18, 2013, 05:54:43 AM
Interesting feedback

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/13/04/16/231237/harvard-grid-computing-project-discovers-20k-organic-photovoltaic-molecules

yes, shows the kind of "results" that make the dollars (in both power bills and biuilding our machines) worthwhile...

too bad the thread there dissolved into a bunch of guys in an argumentative poop-fight !

Dataman

Sean

That's very disappointing. Not because it's ending, but because it looks like it's partially due to funding cuts. It was meant to have two years of work left, now it's down to 24 days.

Politicians and their short sighted funding cuts...   :thumbdown: