News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Re: Project Update

Started by Tixx, May 07, 2009, 09:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Oh dear... looks like Drug Discovery has come to an abrupt end?

https://boinc.drugdiscoveryathome.com/forum_thread.php?id=2091#4830

"Due to some fraud made by part of the team, Me and Goofyx decides to cancel our activity on this project and finish all cooperation with rest of the team.
So, apologise to all volunteers but we had lost half year of work here, and I'm afraid than you too :(

Apologise..."

I saw you guys talking about fraud over on Universe@Home... is Krzysztof referring to the same kind of thing?
No more crunching for me. What a waste :(

Sean

Yeah I was just about to post this, quite alarming...    :shock   :thumbdown:

chooka03

Suppose I should be changing all my passwords? lol (probably not that funny)  :compbash:

Sean

Quote from: chooka03 on April 04, 2017, 08:41:10 PM
Suppose I should be changing all my passwords? lol (probably not that funny)  :compbash:

Yeah hard to know the context meant by 'fraud', it could be that the results were used or copied without permission of the team etc...  but that's just speculation...

I removed the project to be on the safe side.

Dataman

That certainly is bad news. I never did much on this project but have removed all traces of it. Removed Acoustics too. Suspended Universe and will keep my eye on it.
Thanks for posting this Chooka. +1
:bloodshot

JugNut

Wow you have to be kidding me? I put a fair bit of time into this one and was intending to do fair wack more too.  :thumbdown:

Krzysztof has certainly not had a good time of it lately,  first universe falls apart now this.  You have to feel for the guy. Do I think they are both related?  Well anything's possible but it seems highly unlikely. 

Not to worry Chooka there are plenty of bad people in the world so it's not so surprising to find one of them trying to use boinc as a way to scam money.  You've done plenty of good work up to now and your hearts in the right place and I think that's all that counts.  Please don't let one bad experience sour you on the whole boinc experience.  The team would not be the same without you.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

I took a look at the BOINC site and there was no mention of this so I posted a note. Will be interesting what they say.
I didn't take Chooka's post to mean all crunching just DD@H. Otherwise I will have to come over and kick his butt!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Strange times we live in ...
:oz:

kashi

This is disappointing, still, it's not the end of the world, there's been bad projects in the past and will be again in the future.

Ironically I crunched some DrugDiscovery@Home in 2009 under it's original developer/admins and they crashed the database and thus deleted my BOINC credit. It was only a small amount so never asked them to attempt to restore it, but never crunched there again until its more recent incarnation.

So this is to do with that Ethereum wallet funny business announced a few months ago at Drug Discovery@Home? Thought that was a bit weird. Which also relates to SONM (Supercomputing Organized by Network Mining)? Don't know if payments to Digital BioPharm Ltd were mentioned before. What a tangled web.

Just found something about SONM here, started reading it and my eyes glazed over. Maybe some here will understand it better, the little I read sounded like marketing BS to me:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1845114.0

Finally fitted new memory to Skylake, which has worked without error so far. Finished some Acoustics and now 60% completed 4 instances of PRPNet without a single stop error. Runs at rated XMP 2,666 MHz speed but won't run at rated XMP tight timings, so for now I've given up mucking about with it. Skylake platform compatibility/stability with XMP memory settings at anything over basic 2,133 MHz is just a disaster for so many. Could have saved a bit by buying lower spec RAM but at least this works at rated speed so it's still a win. Will probably light up Gekkos tomorrow, be fun to get gigantor BU credit rolling in again.

Dataman

Well now there is a big "pissing match" going on in the forum between the two sides. Ego's Collide.  :wink

"THIS IS OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM ANDREY VORONKOV, Lead of DrugDiscovery@home project and former lead of SONM project.

Dear Community members, project SONM was started by me and Sergey Ponomarev during summer 2016. The initial idea of the project was to build it on BOINC platform and develop P2P BOINC technology. Therefore Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna were invited to make both DrugDiscovery@home and SONM project. DrugDiscovery@home was supposed to be a prototype for SONM project. However, during interaction of our lead developer Krzysztof Piszczek and SONM CTO Sergey Ponomarev different views on technology have started to arise. Sergey Ponomarev has decided to avoid BOINC usage further. As a CEO I tried to unite the team, rather than identify the issue as soon as possible. That was my mistake. Early stage separation of team into two could be a solution. This has led to current team separation. I am convinced that team of Sergey Ponomarev, Alexey Antonov and other team members (russian part basically) can make a successful ICO and a valuable decentralised general-purpose computing platform SONM. Therefore I have signed an agreement with them, which upgrade our technological map and invite new members in the SONM platform.
Project DrugDiscovery@home exists since 2009. Until now the team of Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna were the best BOINC administrators team, which was managing the project. However, as a CEO I did a mistake and invited the same team into two different projects, which raised issues with another part of the team in the second project. The second project, where our colleagues from Poland were involved was SONM.
Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna were mostly involved in DrugDiscovery@home project and therefore are very welcome to proceed with its development. All rights on scripts, related to DrugDiscovery@home project are transferred by Sergey Ponomarev to the project DrugDiscovery@home and its team (Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna). I am ready and happy to ask Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna to continue their work on DrugDiscovery@home and ready to transfer to them a leading role in DrugDiscovery@home project instead of me.
All efforts and suggestions from BOINC and Blockchain communities to unite the team and prevent destruction of the projects are welcome!"

:boom:

chooka03

Quote from: JugNut on April 05, 2017, 02:24:18 AM
Wow you have to be kidding me? I put a fair bit of time into this one and was intending to do fair wack more too.  :thumbdown:

Krzysztof has certainly not had a good time of it lately,  first universe falls apart now this.  You have to feel for the guy. Do I think they are both related?  Well anything's possible but it seems highly unlikely. 

Not to worry Chooka there are plenty of bad people in the world so it's not so surprising to find one of them trying to use boinc as a way to scam money.  You've done plenty of good work up to now and your hearts in the right place and I think that's all that counts.  Please don't let one bad experience sour you on the whole boinc experience.  The team would not be the same without you.

Oh..I'm not going ANYWHERE mate!! No way.
Just a waste of time and electricity. I'll stick to the more reputable projects.

I do like Universe @ Home though. Is there a connection between Krzysztof and U@H?

chooka03

Quote from: Dataman on April 05, 2017, 02:35:44 AM
I took a look at the BOINC site and there was no mention of this so I posted a note. Will be interesting what they say.
I didn't take Chooka's post to mean all crunching just DD@H. Otherwise I will have to come over and kick his butt!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Strange times we live in ...
:oz:

LOL  :rofl:
You got it Dataman! :) :wave: Here to stay!

chooka03

Quote from: Dataman on April 05, 2017, 05:32:08 AM
Well now there is a big "pissing match" going on in the forum between the two sides. Ego's Collide.  :wink

"THIS IS OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM ANDREY VORONKOV, Lead of DrugDiscovery@home project and former lead of SONM project.

Dear Community members, project SONM was started by me and Sergey Ponomarev during summer 2016. The initial idea of the project was to build it on BOINC platform and develop P2P BOINC technology. Therefore Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna were invited to make both DrugDiscovery@home and SONM project. DrugDiscovery@home was supposed to be a prototype for SONM project. However, during interaction of our lead developer Krzysztof Piszczek and SONM CTO Sergey Ponomarev different views on technology have started to arise. Sergey Ponomarev has decided to avoid BOINC usage further. As a CEO I tried to unite the team, rather than identify the issue as soon as possible. That was my mistake. Early stage separation of team into two could be a solution. This has led to current team separation. I am convinced that team of Sergey Ponomarev, Alexey Antonov and other team members (russian part basically) can make a successful ICO and a valuable decentralised general-purpose computing platform SONM. Therefore I have signed an agreement with them, which upgrade our technological map and invite new members in the SONM platform.
Project DrugDiscovery@home exists since 2009. Until now the team of Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna were the best BOINC administrators team, which was managing the project. However, as a CEO I did a mistake and invited the same team into two different projects, which raised issues with another part of the team in the second project. The second project, where our colleagues from Poland were involved was SONM.
Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna were mostly involved in DrugDiscovery@home project and therefore are very welcome to proceed with its development. All rights on scripts, related to DrugDiscovery@home project are transferred by Sergey Ponomarev to the project DrugDiscovery@home and its team (Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna). I am ready and happy to ask Krzysztof Piszczek and Krzysztof Faryna to continue their work on DrugDiscovery@home and ready to transfer to them a leading role in DrugDiscovery@home project instead of me.
All efforts and suggestions from BOINC and Blockchain communities to unite the team and prevent destruction of the projects are welcome!"

:boom:

Hmm....made no sense at all to me.
I have realised I need to do more research on the projects I choose to crunch for though. As mentioned before, due to my Ukrainian roots, I'm distrustful of anything Russian and won't support anything Russian.
If DD@H is Russian based, I'm out. I'f it's Polish...well that's ok.

Sounds a bit ..... Xenophobic.... but you know what...that's my prerogative. There are HEAPS more projects to spend time & money (electricity) on.

Edit - I see  Krzysztof is from the University of Warsaw. I'm cool with that....... :thumbsup:.... unless he's a Ruski spy  :bloodshot lol

Dingo

I have stopped members from joining the Team and sent out an email to Team members on that project with the links the forums.

Will wait an see what happens.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Quick question? Ho do I get rid of all the aborted WU's no clogging up my BOINC manager?

kashi

I'm not attached to project, so don't know if server is turned off. Have you tried "Reset Project", that's normally used to get rid of everything in the project directory.