News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Prime Numbers

Started by Dingo, May 09, 2009, 02:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

The secret is to return them as quickly as possible so do not have a cache of jobs.  I have both "Additional days of work" and "Store at least # of days" set to zero so I only have enough work to process on the available CPU and GPU.    Other than that it is just luck  :bloodshot

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Tin Man on July 19, 2017, 07:30:50 AM
you must have the Midas touch Dingo!  i keep plugging away at Primegrid and haven't found one in months. Congrats and +1 :thumbsup:
Months?  :worship I have not found one EVER.  :cry

Dingo

I found another Prime Number,  :BigGrin and have switched projects after finding two in the last months.  This one is way down the list in the top 5000 at 2606 but will gradually go further down.  http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=123777

Work unit http://www.primegrid.com/workunit.php?wuid=534673607

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

elftron

2 days back and I have found a small prime series in AP27 (20 length progression of primes)

got the GPU's to sieve(lots more credits) and the CPU to find the primes (The whole point of the exercise)

Dingo

Congrats on the prime +1  :congrats :congrats

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

That's awesome elftron!! Congrats!  :congrats

v:

JugNut

Yea good stuff elftron,  well done.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Happy hunting..  + karma. 

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Daniel

Well done elftron.
:cheers: + karma

Dingo

Got this email from Primegrid about a private message.  The prime is too small for the top 5000 but I guess it is a prime.

QuoteYou have received a new private message at PrimeGrid.

Subject: You have found an AP20!

(This is an automated message.  Replies to this message will not be read.)

Dear AP finder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique Arithmetic Progression of primes of length 20. This computer is assigned to the AP27 project. Since primes found in this subproject are not large enough to report to the Top 5000 Primes List, your AP20 sequence is visible immediately.

Workunit 586522382 : 28687378146352223+75382964*23#*n for n=0..19

You can select the minimum length of AP for which to receive these notifications in your PrimeGrid preferences.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will surely resolve any problems.

Once again, congratulations on your find! Thank you for participating in PrimeGrid.

Sincerely,
The PrimeGrid Staff

EDIT:  I got another one today
QuoteDear AP finder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique Arithmetic Progression of primes of length 20. This computer is assigned to the AP27 project. Since primes found in this subproject are not large enough to report to the Top 5000 Primes List, your AP20 sequence is visible immediately.

Workunit 586522382 : 128848194080390107+75383050*23#*n for n=0..19

You can select the minimum length of AP for which to receive these notifications in your PrimeGrid preferences.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will surely resolve any problems.

Once again, congratulations on your find! Thank you for participating in PrimeGrid.

Sincerely,
The PrimeGrid Staff

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

They must be kinda common with the AP work. I got 3 of those emails.

Well done though Dingo  :thumbsup:

Daniel

Congratulations Dingo.
:party: + karma

Dingo

I think I will reset my email option in the preferences so that only the higher level ones are notified.  These are the forst I have recived but looking at my page I see that I have found a bunch in the past as well.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

I am going 100% on Primegrid for the rest of the year.  I have not found a prime number this year and most probably won't but I will give it a go.

I am doing the following currently:

Bundy-2 (Main computer at home:
   12 non BOINC PRPNet tasks alternating between 23, 121, FPS and PRS,   NOTE:  The credits are added to BOINC credits manually once a week or so.
    1 BOINC GPU task currently GFN 21
    2 BOINC PPS-Mega CPU tasks

NOTE:  I will alternate between PRPNet and PPS-Mega tasks

Server  (Dedicated server)
   12 BOINC PPS-Mega CPU tasks

Dingo3 (Web Page Server)

7 BOINC PPS-MEGA CPU Tasks

Corona (Old Laptop
   2 BOINC PPS-MEGA CPU tasks

I find that lately I have been switching projects every day sometimes more that that so will try and leave the above till the new year.  The only change will be if any of the tasks run low.

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

Best of luck mate, I hope you find one!  :thumbsup:

I'm doing likewise. I'm crunching the WCG challenge and giving my electricity a rest. 4 weeks! (Even I'm interested to see if I can hold out that long. :bloodshot It is bloody hot though.)

Merry CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH!

Dingo

Well I cut back dramatically because of the heat but found a small Prime just before the end of the Year.  :dance2:

Subject: You have found a prime number!

(This is an automated message.  Replies to this message will not be read.)

Dear Primefinder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique prime number. This computer is assigned to the Sophie Germain (LLR). Since candidates on this subproject are not large enough to report to the Top 5000 Primes List, your prime is visible immediately.

Workunit 591902631 : 4243038748875*2^1290000-1 (388342 digits)

Sincerely,
The PrimeGrid Staff

Radioactive@home graph