News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project News - Ramsey@Home

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 12, 2009, 10:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruncher Pete

From Ramsey@Home News Archive:

11 May 09:

I'm almost there guys and gals - I just need to do a little work on an assimilator and a bit more testing and I'll be ready. Look for maybe a public test end of this week or the beginning of next. Have a good one!

Cruncher Pete

From Ramsey News Archive:

11 May 09:

I'll be turning on the server tomorrow at 12PM Central Standard Time - that's -6:00 GMT. I'm sure something will go wrong so I'm calling this a Public Test. Please post on the forums if you notice anything odd. Finally!! Woooo! Thanks Guys!

Vajras

News

Ready! Public Test Thursday May 13 at 12:00PM Central Standard

Hmm - isn't Thursday the 14th???

Cruncher Pete

18 May 09.

Ramsey is back and issuing Work Units.

Cruncher Pete

From Ramsey@Home News Archive:

25 May 09:

Total bummer guys - my new checkpointing code had a bug (that I swear I checked for...) that caused restarted WUs to diverge from completed-at-once WUs. I can no longer trust any of my results so I am canceling all workunits. Please stop cruching asap as you will not recieve credit. It is an easy bug to fix but I'm going to take a few days and test my app a bit more to make sure this doesn't happen again. Sorry guys!

Cruncher Pete

From Ramsey News Archive:

27 May 09:

There is now a 'ramseyTest' project running on which I will put all the new apps before releasing them on Ramsey. Anyone who feels like testing my app changes should connect and crunch a few - try to test the checkpointing as much as possible, that is, close and restart boinc a few times during WU execution. Right now there is only a win86 app on there but if people ask for it I can put a linux86 version up too. Thanks guys!

BF

From the Ramsey@Home news feed:

Email working finally, First lower bound almost found!

Saturday, 13 June 2009 10:00 AM

I think I finally got the email server working correctly, so if you received a bunch of emails from ramsey lately, sorry about that. Also, thank you so much to everyone who crunched in the past month, it really means a lot to me. We're only ~170 WUs away from a new lower bound!! Wooo! It's taken 1.5 years but we finally made it. Pretty exciting. Thanks again everyone! As soon as the last wu is returned I'll have 10,000 more wus for you guys. Have a good one.

BF

New Direction Needed

Sunday, 21 June 2009, 10:00:00 AM

Our result turned out a bit short of the current known lower bound, so I believe that the project will have to switch directions... I'm currently looking into a few different things and I'll let everyone know once I choose one. Thanks guys!

BF

I will be gone for a week. Still working on new implementation

Wednesday, 1 July 2009 10:00 AM

I'm going to be gone for a week (until the 10th) so if anything goes wrong with the server it won't be fixed until then. I've started investigating new algorithms and approaches and I think I've decided on one but it's going to take me awhile longer to implement it so please hold tight! Thanks guys!

BF

I'm back!

Saturday, 11 July 2009 10:00 AM

I'm back from my trip so hopefully I'll be able to sit down and pound through a few of these papers this week. As soon as I understand them well enough, I'll be implementing us a new app. On a side note, I may have a few collaborators helping me with a CUDA app so stay tuned for news on that. Thanks Guys!

BF

This is taking forever! :)

Tuesday, 21 July 2009 10:00 AM

Sorry this is taking so long everyone. I've finally started working again, I'm finally starting to get real job interviews, and the new direction of this project is rather demanding in terms of mathematics I'm unfamiliar with. So those are the reasons that it will take a while to get the next iteration going. Please be patient! I really appreciate it! Thanks.

BF

Still working! New Collaborators - Ben Ferenchak.

Wednesday, 5 August 2009 10:00 AM

I'm still here guys! Ben Ferenchak, a student at Widener University, PA, and some of his fellow classmates are collaborating with me on the new direction of this project. I'm very excited to have their assistance in working out some of the mathematics and CUDA development we hope to do. As of now we are still brushing up on our group theory, developing small test applications, and corresponding with Dr. Exoo who has been a great source of information and promising leads. We're still fairly far away from an alpha test but please stay tuned! Thanks everyone