News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

My new GTX275 ..

Started by veebee, May 29, 2009, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

arrived this morning, and I excitedly shut down the machine it was going into and installed it.

After a number of attempts at booting up and getting "hard disk failure" I remembered I had to move (and unlplug) the hard drive to get the thing IN..!

once it started up, I checked the message tab in BOINC manager and sure enough "No CUDA device".... so I decided to get the latest driver before going through the "repair" method I have posted.

Get to NVIDIA's site and guess what ??? there is no driver for the GTX 275 !!!  I read on a forum that the 185.18.10 driver worked for the 275 so I downloaded and installed it via the  "Mike047" method and "voila" , Boinc Manager found 1 cuda device ... GTX 275.

So I opened the manager up to get GPU grid work and got a cpl of work units and as they were downloading another couple started.

Every single one of them died as soon as they started..."computation error"....

aaaaaarrrgghhh!!! 

anyone else using a 275 out there???

Hurricane

Bad luck veebee, I fried my old system using gpu crunching  :boom:. So I wouldn't recomend it ;)
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

Wang Solutions

Hi Veebee,

As far as I know any of the 200 series drivers for Linux should work. Don't be put off by work producing computation errors to start with. I have that happen occasionally even on Windows  - just suspend GPU Grid and then restart the computer in the first instance, then after full boot up re-enable GPU Grid. If that does not fix it then reinstall the driver WITH GPU GRID DISABLED/SUSPENDED, reboot and repeat.

veebee

thanks wang, will try that...when I am allowed to download more WU's.. reached a "limit of 4 per day"..

Furlozza

Veebs... 4 per day?? or one per core, (assuming you have card installed in quad)

Wang Solutions

There is a limit of 1 per core of the number of error WUs you can return in one day. Once that is reached, you cannot get more work for 24 hours.

veebee

OK... have done as Wang said... (even though I had po WU's "in hand"..) Suspended GPUgrid and re-booted the machine...did nothing to help..

so I did th same,  ...  AFTER re-installing older driver "180.51" and the new card has "flown" through 2 GPUgrid WU's.. and has 4 more waiting to be gobbled up ever so quickly.. !!!  :dance2: :dance2: