News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

How to extend the 14 day upload time limit

Started by Vajras, June 12, 2009, 06:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vajras

With the CP upload servers gone bonkers for yonks and not allowing uploads whatsoever for over a week, finally someone with a modicum of brain has posted instructions on  extending the upload time limit imposed on you by them :faint:

Surprisingly, and as this has also happened before (in 2005  :shock) noone since has thought to change it server side!! Words fail me from here on. :furious:

- Instructions here -

BF

Nice info Vajras!  That will save a few models on my end, should they not resolve the problem soon..
:thanks1:

+1

Furlozza

Have one job that loaded all bar one of the zip files........ and still it tries to upload. The other running wus have been suspended during AA so will be interesting to see if the stuff-up is fixed before 30/06

veebee

Good find Vajras...

I only had one completed but it has been trying to upload the final zip file for over a week now.

I stopped all my other models around the 95% mark or even lower now the AA is on.

(problem is (although it says that diff slab models have diff number of instances of the file name) mine only had two instances if the filename ... but have done as directed and all seems fine)

Thanks again mate ! +1

Vajras

Further Update:

Re: News

Postby mo.v ยป Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:48 pm
Update on server situation

The three problematic upload servers are

cpdn-upload1.comlab (disk space)
uploader1.atm (broken power supply)
uploader.oerc (disk space)

Milo is still moving data from cpdn-upload1.comlab. He has not yet been able to replace the power supply because of a delivery delay. He has moved over 3TB of data from uploader.oerc and this server is now up and running.

However, some CPDN models upload their zip files to more than one server. Each HadAM3P model uploads files to all those three servers. So if you have had BOINC network activity enabled, some of your HadAM3P zip files will have uploaded to uploader.oerc but the other files will still be unable to upload. Please do not try to make them upload by pressing the Retry Now button.

HadCM (80-year model) zip files upload to climateapps3 and uploader.oerc so these no longer present a problem.

We are still recommending that members should suspend HadAM3P models before they complete. If you do this you can allow BOINC network activity as much as you want.

If you have zip files in the Transfers tab that cannot upload it is a good idea to keep BOINC network activity suspended as much as possible.

Many thanks to ClimatePrediction members for your patience and good humour during this outage.