News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

BOINCstats Database Server Fundraiser

Started by BF, June 20, 2009, 10:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BF

From the BOINCstats news feed:

Dear visitor and user of BOINCstats. It's that time again where I ask for your (financial) help :).

BOINCstats has grown over the years, many things have changed, we added a separate webserver, we joined forces with Primegrid, last year we upgraded our hosting to our own rack, and we created many many stats. But one thing never changed. One proud server was always there. It was the BOINCstats webserver, then it also hosted Primegrid, and after adding the server for Primegrid and the BOINCstats webserver it became the backbone of the stats: it runs all the updates and prepares the stats for the webserver.

But all good things come to an end sometime. Lately the database server has been struggling, it became unstable. It's also getting slow because users and hosts keep increasing, but the server can no longer be upgraded.

So, it's time to replace it....

The parts for the server have been ordered, but you can understand that it's not a €250 budget computer. So I'll say it quickly so it won't seem that much: we need €2000.

If you like BOINCstats, BAM!, the forum, the user profiles or if you just like your daily portion of stats, then please consider donating a small amount. You can do so on the donation page.

Thank you very much for your support!

Willy.

BF

Considering the amount that I use Willy's site, and have done so for free for so many years, I made a donation towards his new equipment.  Seems a lot of people in throughout the world are also in the same boat, on last check 52.5% of the server has been paid for already.  :thumbsup:

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: BF on June 20, 2009, 10:23:05 AMThe parts for the server have been ordered, but you can understand that it's not a €250 budget computer. So I'll say it quickly so it won't seem that much: we need €2000.

I don't know Willy but I think €2000 is still a budget server..... Maybe I should quote him!?  :rofl: I got one Dell PowerEdge 2950 with 2x Dual Core, 8GB RAM, 4x146GB SAS Hard drives with two Terrabytes of bandwidth only $700 a month (once software is added) plus my markup (see previous post by Fuzzy).  :yahoo:

I must send poor Willy some cash again.  :sg1:

By the way, If Willy is still in the same data centre that would be a great saving for him. The place he was using about 12 months ago charged like wounded bull!
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

miw

Like BF, considering how much I use BOINCstats, I also sent a few pennies Willy's way....

--Mark

Wang Solutions

Ditto. Seems like a lot of others did too.