News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Strange download

Started by Vajras, June 21, 2009, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vajras

i haven't really been paying attention to this as i haven't for quite a while crunched here (tho i still have 4 TBV WU's).

But every so often and intermittently i keep getting a download SETI trys to send me that never completes d/l'ing

it's called  - [Backing off 4 min 2 sec on download of] ap_5.00r103_SSE3.exe

Does anyone know what's going on here and why they keep trying to do this even tho' i am not crunching SETI?

i have set and for quite a while have had "no new work"

Most confusement :hbang:

Wang Solutions

That is the Astropulse v5 executable (app) that is called by the modified SETI app_info.xml file. Even though SETI is set to NNW it might still try to download the app if your SETI app_info.xml file is calling for it. Try deleting or renaming the app_info file in the SETI projects folder.

Dingo

Also if you do not want to process Astropulse v5: There is an option to not get it in the SETI Preferences

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Vajras

Thanks to you both for the info.