News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

New Zealand invasion to Aussie Boinc

Started by acrux, July 06, 2009, 03:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miw

Welcome to the team Acrux!

Double welcome to the WCG crunchers on the team. We are getting somewhat caned in WCG at the moment - our worst project, I think.

Now that you and neutralizer and rodjownsu have joined the fray, we might start doing a bit better. :-)

--Mark

WikiWill

It sounds like I need to start on WCG after I reach my Einstein goal!   :aus1:

Edit: signed up, downloaded a couple.  On my way :)

dyeman

Next AA maybe - last one was only haf WCG and I think most went for MW with its better credit

Folding Stats

acrux

I started crunching for WCG when I heard about the clean energy project which is looking for materials to make cheap efficient solar panels. This appealed to me more than my only other contact with grid computing which was SETI. Pity really I have been a astronomer (ametuer) for a while now and don't really think SETI was a good use of my CPU time. I now am part of an international collaberation, uFun, that is searching for extra solar planets. As a team they have found nine already and I have been part of one of those!

miw

Yeah. The Clean Energy project seems pretty cool. Pity I hardly ever seem to get any WUs for that particular project. Seems not to put out a lot of work.

--Mark

acrux

True clean energy project don't give out many units. I get more as I only have that and the influenza project running at present. I have taken to only doing one or two at a time till I get gold then move to the next. Just a day or so away from having gold on all the current projects. I only joined late last year so I have none of the projects before that.

I see aussie boinc is 48th in the number of members in WCG but about 58 in points generated. Is there any way to communicate with the team as a whole to set a goal of getting the WCG ratings up? There must be those who would love the types of projects that WCG puts forward, they are all real practical science rather than some of the more esoteric excersises of some of the boinc projects.

http:/www.worldcommunitygrid.org

:cheers:

Snowman

I'll add my welcome to acrux as well, glad to see you here!    :thumbsup:

Once I get to my Einstein target of 250k (should be about another 10 days) I'll swap back to WCG for a while, haven't got too much credit in this project.

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: veebee on July 08, 2009, 07:34:22 AM
I've recently moved from down that way... ..... Shoalhaven river somewhere....

I used to love scuba diving around there too, terrific marine park and plenty of tame fish and squid.

Quote from: ONYX on July 08, 2009, 12:28:59 PMMike, I was in Dandenong on Saturday for the first time ...... yes, I froze. Very cold :)

Did you get out alive?  :rofl:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

dyeman

Hey acrux vote for WCG at the next AA in September.  It was also in March AA but so was MW so WCG didn't get as much boost as it normally might have.  On the positive side, the team RAC for WCG has stayed up at nearly twice the level it was before the March AA.  I agree that the projects have a lot of merit (pity they have low credit compared to some projects tho') and I will be back hammering away at more gold medals as soon as I get a couple of other milestones out of the way.

Folding Stats

acrux

Hmm OK I've heard about this AA several times now, enlighten me. :wink

Mike Mitchell

We may have to change the name to ANZA now.  biggrin

We pick a project and get the team to through as much CPU power at it that they like for three weeks.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

acrux

Once I have my final gold on WCG count me in  biggrin

acrux

Dumb question (well I am a Kiwi) how do I get my BoincStat pic at the bottom of my signature?

Wang Solutions

Just like this:

[img]http://www.boincstats.com/signature/user_1825392.gif[/img]

Which shows as:

Drudge

And another dumb question: what does BSrac in the stats sig mean?