News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

MUST update to 190.38 driver .. or else ???

Started by veebee, July 26, 2009, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

I gave up on trying to get seti GPU running last night, and left collatz open for work..all night, without getting a single WU....  how often does it have "no new work"?

Dataman

The have over 200K wu's ready to send. Go into Your Account => Collatz Preferences and make sure GPU Wu's are enabled. The default is off. If you do not want CPU wu's, turn that one off.

veebee

yeah,,, Im sitting here right now with those prefs... and have even suspended al other work/ projects... nuthin.

I have GPU set to yes and cpu to "no".

Dataman

Quote from: veebee on August 20, 2009, 07:41:08 AM
yeah,,, Im sitting here right now with those prefs... and have even suspended al other work/ projects... nuthin.

I have GPU set to yes and cpu to "no".
Humm ... I would start with with the basics. Is GPU processing turned on in BOINC? (Advanced => Preferences => Processor Tab=> Use GPU) Is BOINC seeing your card? Message: 8/12/2009 6:12:39 AM CUDA device: GeForce GTX 260 (driver version 19038, compute capability 1.3, 896MB, est. 104GFLOPS) You already said you upgraded drivers and have enabled GPU in Collatz.
That's all I can think of at the moment.  ???

EDDIT: Can you post the message you are getting.

kashi

Quote from: veebee on August 20, 2009, 07:04:23 AM
I gave up on trying to get seti GPU running last night, and left collatz open for work..all night, without getting a single WU....  how often does it have "no new work"?

Collatz GPU applications both nVidia CUDA and ATI CAL run only on Windows. If you are trying to receive work to process on your video card on a Linux box you will not get any. CPU only on Linux.

veebee

ahah... therein lies the problem...

maybe I should have read a bit more ion their site ! it is on alinux box ! but as for seti.. I have decided  it's too much work to get that going.

Dataman

Win7 would solve that problem. biggrin I didn't notice it was windows only either.

veebee

I have worked out why GPU grid was erroring out.... I had it over clocked a bit high, I'd say the problem was caused by heat...

Have gone back to stock speed for now....