News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

WCG the race is on!

Started by acrux, August 06, 2009, 02:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acrux

Just looking at the our boinc@Australia Team Stats page on the WCG pages sorted by points generated http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=2MH9NS9PP1 and see a few familiar names jockeying for position.

veebee  15/12/06   1:257:10:34:10   1,663,080   4,297  
dyeman  8/03/09   1:241:04:18:22   1,636,021   2,936  
acrux  11/03/09   2:060:00:34:47   1,607,206   2,856  
rodjownsu  17/05/09   1:215:15:56:10   1,601,486   2,491

I am crunching only Clean energy project right now to try to get Ruby before this phase finishes. 

Neat to see veebee crunching for this project again. Also two others who started at about the same time as me. I daily see one or other of us getting the lead. :rocks

Dataman

Nice badges. Crunch on!

:aus1:

daveandton

Well Done Indeed. I must admit the only reason I don't crunch for this project is that despite the fact that the science is good I really hate their site layout. It's hard to find anything and I really don't like their points system etc. I won't keep whinging ( getting old ) but that's why I don't crunch for the project
Dave

miw

Cool! Let the race continue. I will try to keep ahead with my farm, which seems to have been reduced to being a vegie patch by the march of technology and heat/power issues in my new digs. :-) The Dual Opteron machine died the other day (power supply or Mobo - haven't investigated) and sadly will not be resurrected because of heat, noise and current drain. Anyone want 2xOpteron 2354 CPUs?

--Mark

acrux

Don't think you have any worries for a while Mark lets see 11,038,452 vs 1,625,785 I have about 15% of your total points! Doesn't mean you shouldn't keep on your toes though.  :yahoo:

acrux

I do admitt this is a race for 31st to 34th place, but it is a race non the less!

miw

............And the winnerer is.......................SCIENCE!

--Mark

veebee

I must admit I have slowed down on WCG for a while... my attempt at getting into the top 500 (overall, worldwide) was beginning to take on a somewhat backward trend....

once I get there (just to see that I CAN get there), I WILL be shutting down one of the quads (save for "AA's") and be switching or to basically WCG, Climate and GPU grid, with a touch of other projects here and there.

Dingo

I am back on WCG and I will try and get up to a million then pick another project.  It will take a long time as I am only crunching with a couple of PC's and the credit is not that great.  Every little bit helps and the science is good at WCG.  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

acrux

Finally got my Clean Energy Project (before it ran dry) up to Ruby so I'm stoked. Only about six more to do now!

Dataman

Congradulations acrux. Those wu's are hard to get now. I am not going to get a "greenie" before phase 1 ends. +1

Furlozza

Congrats Acrux +1.

That also explains why I haven't even accrued a bronze in Clean Energy *sigh*

acrux

There may be a few days left on Clean Energy, the best way to get work units is to only select that one WGC project then you get higher priority. How many days do you have to go for bronze? I also select to have ten days buffer so that I can get as many as possible of the units I am working on.
;D

Furlozza

*grin* TTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many

I just take what I get from WCG

veebee

I tried "limiting" my WU's to clean energy... waited until it asked for WU's by itself.. and got 15 NOT- clean energy ones ! haha