News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

MW at home for GPU account... gone missing !

Started by veebee, August 14, 2009, 11:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

Just tried to attach a c2d with an ATI card I have here to the MW@home for GPU account which is showing on my Boionc manager on a linux (nvida card) machien... but it says no account with that email addy...

I got the authenticator No from the .xml file and it STILL wont let melog in !!

is there something wrong at the site ?

How can I attach when it doesn't recognise my account, and wont accept "new" members??

Dataman

Mine is gone too.   :furious:  Maybe they just shut down the database as it has been causing problems with people thinking it was active. I'll probably be dead before they have CUDA wu's.  :rofl: I may be wrong but I think the ATI wu's are still at the normal MW site.  We'll just have to see what happens.  :hbang:

kashi

Yes many accounts at the proposed separate MilkyWay GPU project were lost in the recent server crash. MilkyWay GPU as a separate project never started and possibly never will. Some work has been done on developing MilkyWay CUDA and it may be available some time in the future as part of the main MilkyWay project.

MilkyWay ATI runs only on Windows 32 or 64-bit on ATI HD38xx, HD47xx and HD48xx series cards.

Attach to the ordinary MilkyWay project, stop BOINC insert the 3 files from Cluster Physik's MilkyWay ATI app download into the C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\milkyway.cs.rpi.edu_milkyway folder and then restart BOINC.  Once you have it working you may wish to adjust the parameters in the app_info.xml file to suit your own requirements for the best compromise between stability, speed, GPU heat and desktop responsiveness. Explanation of what each parameter does can be found in the readme.txt file included in the download.

Many have found Catalyst 8.12 to be the most stable of the suitable ATI drivers and it doesn't require duplicating and renaming files (see readme .txt).

You may have problems with BOINC scheduling, this will vary depending on what other project you crunch on the CPU and which version of BOINC you use. Because of this one person's settings may not work for another person and it is a matter of trial and error supplemented with knowledge gained by reading the relevant MilkyWay forum threads.

For example I use BOINC version 6.6.31 and with a HD 3850 scheduling was working without any problems for 6-7 weeks with the consistent length BOINC PrimeGrid Proth Sieve tasks, however a HD 4890 and the varying run lengths of WCG tasks causes scheduling and heat problems and requires a great deal of babysitting.