News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project News - LHC@Home

Started by BF, August 21, 2009, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BF

From the LHC@Home news feed:

Thursday, 20 August 2009 8:45 PM
Hi,
It's been pretty quiet here at LHC@home we've been working behind the scenes to streamline the server and keep the code as up to date as possible. There has also been some work on the update of the SixTrack application which we hope to roll out soon.
The news with the LHC itself since the set back last year is quite good with it running at 3.5TeV this year.
The experiments have also been busy with ATLAS and CMS and LHCb and ALICE working on refinements during the downtime.

Thanks,
Neasan

Dingo

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

danhtruong

Will BOINC credits for SixTrack count towards LHC@home Classic or is it regarded sepereate to both LHC@home classic and 2.0?

Dingo

lhc@home was seperate from sixtrack.  Sixtrack is LHC@home 2.   It looks like they are all now combined at this URL.  The old url to LHC@home gets redirected to sixtrack now.

http://lhcathome.cern.ch/lhcathome/

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Mike Mitchell

Thanks for that Dingo, and plus 1, I've added new LHC to Boinc and it's adding credit to my old LHC account.  :yahoo: I've been waiting for ages to get that project moving and all I needed to do was join the new one.  :hbang:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

tazzduke

Greetings

There is currently a small amount of work on this project, for those that are interested.

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

Mike Mitchell

I don't know why, but I thought Dingo's earlier post was about more LHC work.  :hbang:  So I didn't bother posting about it.  :rofl:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

chooka03

Gee I wish they'd fix the sixtrack WU's!!  :compbash:
Trying to boost my position with LHC is frustrating. You either don't receive the WU's or they have now a validation issue.
I have over 400 WU's now either inconclusive or pending! Bashhead

AussiePete, you must feel my pain too?

I've moved on to another project till it's fixed.  Grrrrr :boom:

chooka03

WOW Crackenback....you are on a mission to SMASH out the LHC work!!!
Thanks quite some CPU availability you have there  :thumbsup:

Dataman

SixTrack

"Dear Volunteers,

In spite of the break and lack of simulation work things are moving behind the scenes! Most of the trackers have been busy with the preparation of and attendance to the HiLumi annual collaboration meeting. For instance:
* new scanning parameters for DA studies, to shed some light on open points concerning the different behavior of the two beams in the LHC:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/743633/contributions/3071974/attachments/1695257/2728719/VanderVeken_phase_dp.pdf
* an update of DA results to the latest developments on HL-LHC optics:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/742082/contributions/3085158/attachments/1736226/2808309/nkarast_HLCollab_18102018.pdf

The collaboration meeting is the most important event of the large collaboration, led by CERN, that is designing and building the High-Luminosity upgrade of the LHC. This is not only a forum to present and discuss recent results, but also an event that inspires new ideas and studies. Therefore, we would like to announce that in few weeks we will be back to you, counting on your usual fantastic and essential support, to launch new simulation campaigns!

Stay tuned!

Alessio and Massimo, for the SixTrack team"

PS: IMO the two PDF's on HiLumi are well done and worth reading.  :wavey2:

Mike Mitchell

It would be great to get more LHC work.

chooka03

Thanks DM.

Yes more work would be nice for 6track.

:rocks

Dataman

chooka03

wow...the team just got a lot smaller with LHC's stat export permission thingo.

JugNut

Unbelievable!! After first seeing that LHC now needed consent to export stats I went and selected the appropriate box and I thought that was that.  Heck I even started a thread to show new GDPR projects as they come up.
But I just found out that my name is missing on boinc-stats for LHC.  So I checked once more and low & behold the setting is now not selected. What went wrong?  I'm buggered if I know?  I wonder what else i've missed?

It makes you wonder how rank & file members are coping with this crap,  most of whom would never have even heard of GDPR?

Thanks for reminding me chooka.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...