News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Overview

Started by WikiWill, February 10, 2009, 09:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WikiWill

Genetic Life is a United Kingdom based not-for-profit project for research into Genetic Algorithms, by simulating the evolution of simple software based creatures executing a compact set of instructions.  A little more information is available in the project documentation here.

Applications run on the following platforms:

• Windows (98 or later) on Intel x86-compatible
  • Linux on Intel x86-compatible
  • Linux on AMD x86_64 or Intel EM64T
  • Mac OS X 10.3 or later on PowerPC
  • Mac OS X 10.4 or later on Intel
  • Solaris 2.8 or later on SPARC
  • FreeBSD on x86 ports build
  • FreeBSD on i386
  • HPUX on a HP box

The application has minimal disk and RAM requirements so suits almost any supported platform, and is small to download.

Genetic Life can be found at: http://genlife.is-a-geek.org/genlife/

URL to attach in BOINC is http://genlife.is-a-geek.org/genlife/

Currently active BOINC@AUSTRALIA Members
BoincStats Detailed Stats for our GenLife team

edit: made topic sticky

Wang Solutions

We are the number 1 team in the world on this project too.  biggrin

ONYX

Was going to join, but looks like we dont need any help here :)

Wang Solutions

It is a good project and help is always warranted, especially as a couple of other teams like to attack us here.  They got within 400 points of us last time!

Tixx

i'll think about coming on board for genlife, prob is i dont have any linux boxes, and i want to get some of my current backburner projects upto some speed too :)

WikiWill

Tixx, I run GenLife on Win32 without problem.  The credit is lower than Milkyway, about on par with Rosetta.

Furlozza

Tixx

Download Wubi ubuntu and just install it on your windows HD and dual boot. Means that you can have crunchers alternating between projects and returns as some are better in Linux and others windows. Ya never know, Genlife might even like Win7 *grin*