News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

New Firefox Tips and Tricks for v3.5

Started by Vajras, December 25, 2009, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vajras

Whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced user, these shortcuts and suggestions will help you get the most out of Firefox 3.5.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/tips/

And you can try out the next version Firefox 3.6 Beta (revision 5) -here-

Close FF, run the installer, and it just installs as a seperate version - it keeps all your tabs, settings etc you just had, bookmarks and so on - if you don't like it, stop using it or uninstall and reopen your current vers. No risk!

Vajras

available here at sourceforge

"Make Firefox launch faster"

by Elena Santos

Firefox is my favorite web browser, but doesn't mean it's flawless. Just as an example: it usually takes ages to load, and things tend to get worse with any new themes, extensions and other plug-ins you add to it.

If you have the same problem as me, try Firefox Preloader. This small app sits on your system tray and preloads certain elements of Firefox, so that the browser takes an amazingly shorter time to open when you launch it, which you can do from the icon itself. This icon also enables you to tweak the browser's Internet options and a few other basic settings. However, there's no way to customize which elements the program preloads in memory.

I guess you'll be already complaining about having yet another icon on your already crowded system tray. But believe me, it really does the trick. I was also skeptical about it, especially on having a program constantly running in the background just to make Firefox launch faster. But Firefox Preloader hardly uses any system resources (less than 4000 K and 0% CPU, you won't notice it!) and it's truly a shot of vitamins for your favorite browser.

If your Firefox takes ages to load, try speeding it up with Firefox Preloader. It won't affect your system's overall performance and will dramatically improve the browser's startup time.
Languages:

English
OS requirements for Firefox Preloader:

Minimum requirements:

* Mozilla Firefox