News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

GPU

Started by daveandton, January 26, 2010, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveandton

Just noticed that you can use your Gpu on this project. Has anybody had any experience of it?
Dave

veebee

I looked through all the applications availablw, and through the forums. but couldn't find anything about it.

I did find someone asking IF GPU would be used..

daveandton

Ap26 search uses cuda and I've just started it , so far so good
Dave

BF

Looks like you're getting valid results Dave, but your CUDA tasks are taking 4 times as much time as the CPU ones, for the same amount of credit..  Looks like they have a great deal of optimising left to do with the CUDA app..

Thanks for the heads up though! +1

veebee

Yeah, found "them" thanks Dave.

tried a few on my GTX 275.. it completes them in around 12 - 13 minutes.

but for only 35 credits per WU, that only works out at around 160 credits per hour or 3800 a day.... my 275 gets around 40,000 a day at Collatz... I think I'll stay there until they improve the app a bit.. ( a LOT ! lol)

daveandton

I agree but it was worth taking a look
Dave

veebee

I agree definitely. During an AA on primegrid it would be the way to go, along with cpus.

Having a look at the freehal stuff (uses "only" RAM..), also tryin gto set up a virtual machine to have a second set of WU's crunching.