News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

WOW - the new iPad!

Started by Vajras, January 28, 2010, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vajras

Video - here -

i want one, this is waaay cool!!! oops, not as good as i first thougth so, nope not me

wonder when the app for boinc comes out, anyone know? ???

BF

Dataman

Quotewonder when the app for boinc comes out, anyone know?
Since it can run only 1 app at a time and is a bit weak in memory, I think $500 USD is a lot of money for a very low-end cruncher. But then I have never been a big fan of Apple.  biggrin

veebee

i bought the latest touch ipod (32 Gb version) and it does most of what that does, if I feell like putting the apps on there.

I only like apple stuff for listening to music.

Mike Mitchell

I-pad? You think they could have come up with a less "feminine" product type name.   :rofl:

I need an i-pad from the i-rack at the i-shop please husband so I can i-ran latter today. Reminds me of the VD Valiant.  :jester:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Vajras

Quote from: Mike Mitchell on January 29, 2010, 10:08:06 AM
I-pad? You think they could have come up with a less "feminine" product type name.   :rofl:

that "Depends" if they're....  biggrin
+1 anyway

Dataman

"Depends" on whether it is "fresh and new" or "USED".  :rofl:
+1 to you both.  :worship

Mike Mitchell

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

johng1

If you haven't owned an IPhone you can't criticise the IPad, I read all sorts of books on my IPhone and you can on an IPad by using the Stanza App.  In fact I convert many of my PDF's to be able to read them all using Apple Software :thumbsup:  So you don't need Apple to read ePub.  Have a go.   :boom:

BF

Hi johng1  :welcome1: to the boards, and +1 for your first post!

I gave in to the hype in November last year, and got an iPhone.. My first ever Apple product.

I'll reserve judgement on the iPad until I see one in action first hand, but am very pleased with my iPhone so far..  biggrin

veebee

Hiya Johng1.. welcome aboard mate ! +1 Aussie Karma from me also, for a good post for your first one.

The only Apple product I have is a 32Gb touchscreen iPod (latest gen) and its pretty damn good. Can put a few movies on there for a flight OS or a long weekend away.. I like it, though I wouldn't go over to Mac for computing... couldn't stand starting all over again... :pcwhack:

Furlozza

Welcome johng and +1 for first post.

Only Apple product I have is an iPod Nano and it has been used quite a lot on two trips to the US. Got the smaller version, cause not reeally into 'modern' music. Until the last trip to the US, had never really thought about any other Apple product, but helped friend there select an Apple Mac pro (I think). In the store where it was purchased, came across the largest monitor I had ever seen, and fell in love with it. Was at least 30" and looked great.

The Mac pro was also a surprise as to how easy it was to set-up and run, but still could not get used to using fingers on anything other than the keyboard and a mouse LOL.

Mike Mitchell

Dell have some nice LCD 24 - 30 inch monitors, my 24 inch S2409W was about $300 delivered. It's not their best quality in that size but it's pretty good. I'm very surprised how quickly I've become used to the size.

Might spend the extra next time and go 30+ and better quality or just get another 24 and put them side-by-side.  :jester:

WikiWill

Quote from: Mike Mitchell on February 24, 2010, 11:30:44 PM
Might spend the extra next time and go 30+ and better quality or just get another 24 and put them side-by-side.  :jester:

I have 2x 22" panels side by side.  It's great if you have the desk space.  It's also more flexible, eg if you have multiple computers, and it gives you fault tolerance  biggrin

veebee

yeah, Ive had my 22 inch for a while now, but just got my partner a 24 inch Acer monitor the other day... like it much.