News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

New BOINC version

Started by Dingo, April 06, 2010, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

WikiWill

I've successfully and smoothly upgraded some 6.6.x versions on x64 Win 7 to the new version. If you do, don't forget to update CPU use restriction in Preferences. The 25% default has caused issues for WUs on some projects like AQUA.

dyeman

Likewise I've been running the new version on all my PCs and it has been trouble-free.  Just don't forget WW's reminder to set the local preferences to change the default 25% CPU limit to 0% if you want crunching to continue while you're doing other stuff on a computer.

Folding Stats

Ian BBB

Just wondering, what are the consequences of not updating BOINC software. I'm still running 6.6.36 on my aging pentium XP machine and it sems fine.

regards
Ian BBB
If Faraday can do it, anyone can.

veebee

Hiya Ian,

not updating your version of boinc doesn't cause "too many" problems, though some projects require later/ latest versions of BOINC to utilise all of the features required to get the most out of the project/ your machine.

Its very simple to update, just go HERE and it will automatically select the right version for your computer.

Just download it, then run it  to install it, and it will require either a restart of BOINC or a reboot of your computer and everything will be updated/ upgraded.

Cosmicvandal

Ok then, i just upgraded to 6.10.17, grrr as soon as i do that they bring out another,  Bashhead

Dingo

I just updated to the new recommended version of 6.10.56 for Windows and Linux

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA