News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

hp ProLiant ML370 G2

Started by doubleyou, May 27, 2010, 02:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleyou

Bashhead

Being a amateur and not knowing what I'm doing I brought this old server at a auction and now need help getting to going. It has no OS. I'd like to get it going using a 64bit system and cranked to the max. Can anybody in Perth WA help?

compbash

veebee

G'day Doubleyou1, congratz on your first post and good to see you here on the boards !

One of our longest serving members (although he has sort of "retired" for a while) lives in Perth - and maybe he might just like to help with a little project like that.

Give Webmaster Yoda a PM (private message) through the site here (look up "member list" down the bottom of the main forum page).

Not sure if he will help, but it sounds like something that might .... maybe... get him crunching again ... (Fingers crossed !! LOL)

If no luck there, come back "onboard" and we will sort something out.

yoda

Just popped in.  No longer crunching though - can't afford it.

Try running a 64bit version of Ubuntu on it. If that's no good, try a 32bit version of the same :)

If all that fails, I have spare Q6600's sitting here that I'd like to sell!

Anyway, off to bed.  Working 6am-2pm M-F this week

P.S. Veebee...  Sorry, but I'm not going to crunch again in the near future.

veebee

Hiya Yodes !

Sad news that you can't join us for the AA, but great to hear from you just the same.

Might be worth putting your boxes up for sale in the "trading post " thread here.. I actually sold two om y last q6600's on ebay and got 'reasonable" dollars for them.. might be worth a try.

Hope to see you on here whenever you can manage it mate !