Primegrid Challange series 16-21 June

Started by Dingo, June 04, 2010, 02:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

As part of the Primegrid Challange series there is a challange that starts when the AA completes.   The details can b found at the 2010 Challenge Series.  

We have been participants in the challanges so far this year just by crunching the projects that are a part of the Challange.  I was unaware of the challanges till today.  The Team is in 33rd position in the Teams Challange and we have redback, a Team menber in the 68th position of users in the last Challange.  He is also in the top 100 overall for the challanges this year. :congrats

So if you are trying to decide what project to run after the AA try Primegrid with just project "TRP Sieve" (The Riesel Problem (Sieve))selected in the PrimeGrid preferences.  I will be putting some resources if not all my CPU processing to the challange.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

veebee

It's been a while since I have done any primegrid.. might put some resources behind it.. will look into it.

DougB

Count me in too.

I have switched the i7 over for the Primegrid challenge as mentioned here by Dingo. I will continue Rosetta to 200k and then switch all machines to Primegrid for the remainder of the challenge period.

AA10 to AA40; AA42 to AA46; AA49 to AA57

i7 5960x GTX 1050ti Win10
Ryzen 9 3900X GTX 1660ti Win10

Hurricane

I'll try this one to.

I was testing Primegrid last night and it was running around eleven degrees hotter then Rosetta. Like 59 degrees instead of 48 and climbing.  >:D

First time my cpu went hotter than my gpu. :shock Good to simulate summer conditions with overclock I guess.

I just hope the water in the cooler won't evaporate and melt the cpu. :wink

I see how it goes, or I'll have to lower the overclock and voltage maybe.

Good luck with the challenge everyone.

https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

kashi

"You've missed me, am I too late?"
"No, jump up on the cart."

Joined in last night. Still over 2 days to go. Yeh runs hot alright if I use 8 cores, but it's a nice earner. Currently running in 6 core config for a tasty 8.5k per day.

This Challenge Series seems to be well organised and the participants enjoy it. None of the Challenges conflict with AA times and all  remaining ones for this year are 3 days or less except the 13 day Calendula challenge. I'm going to give them all a go if I remember, more credit for me and the team, yay.   :jester:

owner

Well done everyone who took part in this challenge.  The team finishd in 25th place and we beat L'AF. biggrin

Congrats to redback who finished with the highest total of all the members who took part.   :rocks

kashi

Yes, well done to all 11 members who took part and to redback who finished in the top 100 thus earning individual Challenge points.

Next Challenge is in about 5 weeks. It is the Full Moon Challenge and is a 24 hour one. Anyone who wishes to participate needs to select Proth Prime Search (LLR) in their PrimeGrid preferences. The correct subproject is marked "Full Moon Challenge".

25 July               18:00 UTC    PPSE LLR      Full Moon                   24 hours
20-22 August     18:00 UTC    321 Sieve      Dog Days of Summer     2 days
24 Sept-7 Oct     18:00 UTC   PSP LLR      Calendula                     13 Days
17 November        18:00 UTC  SGS LLR      Leonids                       24 hours
18-21 December   23:38 UTC    PPSE Sieve  Winter Solstice             3 days

Dingo

Yes Congrats to all that participated,  might have to try them all from now on............

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

kashi

Little reminder for anyone who wishes to participate in the PrimeGrid Full Moon Challenge. This one is only a 24 hour Challenge so will be over before you can say Jack Robinson.  ;D

It starts at 25 July 18:00 UTC which is 4 am Monday morning Sydney time, so I will be running PrimeGrid from late Sunday night. If you wish to take part you need to select only Proth Prime Search (LLR) in your PrimeGrid preferences. It is marked as Full Moon Challenge.

Only this subproject is counted in the Challenge.

Only WUs downloaded after the challenge start time will be included, so before I go to bed I will be using the recommended procedure of suspending all other CPU projects and setting both "every" and "Additional work buffer" to 0.00 then clicking OK in BOINC Manager>Advanced>Preferencesb>network usage tab. When I get up on Monday I will increase the cache a little.

Good luck to all Full Moon Challenge crunchers, aarooo!

PrimeGrid Full Moon Challenge.

Dingo

I have primegrid set to only give the Proth Prime Search (LLR) so I am ready.  I will just stop the other projects for a day, I think I will need to do that before I go to bed tomorrow night.

Radioactive@home graph

Dennis

My Dinosaurs  are ready to go!

Dennis.

kashi

I'm ready too with BOINC Manager already attached to PrimeGrid and Proth Prime Search (LLR) selected in project preferences. Just have to remember to change over to PrimeGrid after the German Grand Prix.

Stats will be available on the PrimeGrid home page next to the clock within 30 minutes after the start. 

BOINCstats provides hourly updates of Project Challenges. There you can view user and team credit and ranking trends.

Dennis

Am ranked 358 so far  :hbang:

Have been  :compbash: but it won't work faster!

Den.

kashi

I was 91st or something in the first half hourly update but am now 202nd.  The team is 32nd, not bad considering work fetch issues.  :thumbsup:

Work fetch has been sporadic since the start, I think the work units of this type are too short for a Challenge, the servers can't cope.

Aha thought I was going to run out but just got 91 tasks which tops me up to 168, that will keep me going for about 3 hours.