News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Primegrid Challange series 16-21 June

Started by Dingo, June 04, 2010, 02:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Provisional results of Full Moon Challenge in challenge points:

27   BOINC@AUSTRALIA   22243.63

138   Dingo               5986.32
182   redback            4077.20
209   AgentQ             3467.85
211   kashi                3447.67
265   DidierT              2481.91
353   shoelace            1307.18
357   Dennis Newton    1265.16
578   pperine                180.04
763   Elgyn                    21.68
889   Cosmicvandal           4.31
890   Elftron                    4.31

Server congestion due to short WUs meant the challenge was compromised for many but 27th was still a good team effort. Well done everyone.   :congrats   :congrats

The next Dog Days of Summer Challenge has WUs that take about 3 hours on my computer so that should work much better. Higher BOINC credit too on 64-bit, just over 8K per day on 6 cores of my W3520 @ default clock.  ;D

Dennis

Well done those who took part  :congrats

Wonder if we would get a better response for the next one if we put out a team email to the members?

Dennis.

Dingo

Quote from: Dennis on July 28, 2010, 09:44:56 AM
Well done those who took part  :congrats

Wonder if we would get a better response for the next one if we put out a team email to the members?

Dennis.

I try and keep the emails to a minimum but I will add the Primegrid Challanges to the next team email for the next AA.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

20-22 August     18:00 UTC    321 Sieve      Dog Days of Summer     2 days

Started 5 minutes ago.

Dennis

Am crunching them on my dinosaur, taking around 7 hours each wu, my windows 7 64 bit lappy just crunches them for hours then goes into "computation error" and I get no credits.

Dennis.

Hurricane

I've started a bit late, but I'm in to.  :rocks Wu's seems stable on my machine.
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

kashi

Yeh I almost missed the start too. I thought it started tomorrow morning at 4am, not this morning. Only noticed by accident when visiting the PrimeGrid site to check on a long pending Seventeen or Bust task.

I like these short challenges, just a quick little sprint on one project and then back to your current project of choice.

No shortage of work or server trouble like last time. Stable as a rock on my computer and granting about 65 cr/hr.   :thumbsup:

Dennis

Grrr at primegrid, am getting computation errors on my old XP dinosaur now. :furious:

Not going to keep going with the challenge if I am doing hours of crunching then get nothing.

Dennis.

kashi

Well done to all 11 Dog Days of Summer entrants.    :congrats     :congrats

Once again team member redback earned Challenge points by finishing in the top 100 and the team finished in 26th position.   :thumbsup:

Dennis

Congrats to those that participated  :congrats
I gave up, they were going into computation error after the WU was finished, got 3 or 4  done though but noticed that I didn't rate a mention in the standings.

Dennis.

kashi

That's strange you didn't show in the results, they usually don't make errors.

Are you sure you downloaded the tasks you completed successfully after 18.00 UTC on 20 August (4am on 21 August Sydney time)? Only tasks downloaded after the challenge start time count towards the challenge score.

The next one is the most challenging of all because the Prime Sierpinski Problem (LLR) tasks will take 2-3 days to complete on my computer.  :shock