News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Polar Bear in A Snow Storm

Started by Ian BBB, June 05, 2010, 12:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian BBB

I just logged into a friends webcam for the first time tonight, only to find that it was not working. Later I realised the reason it was black is that it was looking out the window of his office and at this time of night, there was nothing to see . . . .

This reminded me of a joke that used to do the rounds back in my school days. It relates to the title of this post. You tell your friend you've drawn this great picture, show them a blank piece of paper and after the initial confusion, explain that it was a picture of a polar bear in a snow storm.

I found a similiar graphical jest in a book on bicycle maintanence which had a picture showing a freashly cleaned bike chain drying overnight.

regards
Ian BBB
If Faraday can do it, anyone can.

veebee

HAhahaha - thanks Ian BBB. I remember the "Polar bear in a snowstorm" joke from school too... but we used to draw two little black dots and a tiny black triangle under them - representing the eyes and the nose.

I wonder how many people rang the publishers of the bike maintenance book to report a "printing error"???

BTW ....   +1 "Aussie Karma" for your first post ! good to see you on"board" !

LawryB

LoL Ian BBB.  And some more "Karma" for your first post (+1).  Hope to hear more from you.  biggrin

Cosmicvandal

Also remember the good old days of standard vhf tv, when the conditions deteriorated, you ended up with the same effect