News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

How to edit cc_config file under Ubuntu.

Started by peter leman, July 14, 2010, 01:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter leman

Hi.

I've looked around couldn't find an answer, when i try to edit it says i don't have permission.

Anyone know how to get around it, i tried changing permissions no good. Help!

kashi

I found this in a project forum, I don't know if any of the below will work, I do not have Linux installed to test for you. Shouldn't hurt to try them though.

sudo chmod a+rw /var/lib/boinc-client
sudo chmod a+rw /var/lib/boinc-client/cc_config.xml

The first command gives everybody permission to read and write the /var/lib/boinc-client directory.

The second command gives everybody permission to read and write /var/lib/boinc-client/cc_config.xml which may not exist if you never had permission to write to /var/lib/boinc-client.

If that doesn't work you could try opening a terminal and typing: gksu gedit /etc/boinc-client/cc_config.xml

If you have already tried these methods and they don't work, I remember once I needed to reinstall BOINC over the top of itself (i.e. same BOINC version) when I had a permission problem with a certain BOINC file in Linux.

clownius

Hmm under kubuntu i would

kdesudo kate /etc/boinc-client/cc_config.xml

So i think the gedit solution of kashi's should work under ubuntu.

peter leman

Hi.

Thanks i got it sorted, it's all good now!