News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

not too shabby !

Started by veebee, August 03, 2010, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

After getting a few of my "lower" projects up to 50 or 100 K, I decided to attach the latest (new install with new vid card) i7 to Docking....

the credit rates I am getting running Win 7 is as follows:

i7 920 @ 3.15Ghz = 37.4 Cr/ hr/ core  :thumbsup:

i7 920 @ 3.35 Ghz = 39.8 Cr/ hr / core.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

by ANY means these rates are pretty good, so I'm gonna mount my own little "aa" for a while.....

anyone willing to earn some decent credits on a project with worthy science, you are welcome to join me !!

kashi

Was going to get POEM up to 100k first but what the heck, I'll give Docking a fling instead.  Thanks for the invite.  :thumbsup:

Speaking of an aa, next AA is due to start in 4 weeks, isn't it about time to start nominating projects?

Agnew

If your after a good earner veebee, try Distributed Data Mining, its averaging over 40Cr/hr/thread at 3.1Ghz on my '920'.

The wu's vary in length from a few minutes, up to the rare 160hr max so far. You've got no choice in what comes down the line but a very high percentage are under 24hrs crunchtime.

Win apps used 32bit "java 1.6" and there's a new linux 64bit app just released. 

Since the introduction of 'trickleback' reporting any bad work units are auto-aborted at the one hour mark, and you still get payed some credit for your efforts.

kashi

That sounds like an interesting project Agnew. Hope there are not many bad workunits or it would cause :cry2:.  Good that the 160 hour tasks are rare. I'm now doing a Seventeen or Bust PrimeGrid task and it will take about 230 hours. Tasks that long are too risky and inconvenient unless there are trickles like Climate. No wonder the application name has been abbreviated to SOB, it is very apt.

Even though I prefer a higher credit rate rather than a lower one, it's not all about credit though, it's the relative credit rate for the type of science. Docking seems quite good compared to other biology/medical type projects, uses little memory and is running without problem for me.

I'm not sure what the highest credit CPU projects are at the moment. Probably still AQUA I suppose. From memory PrimeGrid Sieve subprojects give 50-65 cr/hr on my i7 920 equivalent @ default 2.67 GHz, but I've already got my bronze badges for those. :)

A week ago NFS increased the credit about 50% to 65 for 16e lasievef tasks. They take about 57-70 minutes on my computer but use up to 1GB of memory each, so I'm only running 1 or 2 at a time until I get NFS up to 100k. The highest I have had in the last few months are the ORCA tasks at QMC, they don't get sent out very often and the batches are relatively small. Not sure if they are still around and are still as generous but the cr/hr was enormous.  :crazy

Rob

Haven't checked my credit rate for a while, but after reading Veebees first post I decided to check.
On my Q9550 @ 3.4Ghz running Win 7 64 I'm getting around 60-62 Cr/core/hour  :shock