Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Only two this month ... both with funny hats.  biggrin

jave808

Nearly $38,000 loaned.  Well done team.   :rocks
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Dataman

A lot came due this month and I made 9 new loans.
\ :wave:

Dingo

I made a loan on KIVA tonight....    We have had a Team called BOINC AT AUSTRALIA in Kiva since 18 Aug 2010. There are 33 members and we have made 1721 loans. I have to admit that I have not been active in Kiva for a long time and even though I am monetarily deficient there is always someone worse off than me.  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Good on you Dingo, thanks for the Kiva reminder. :thumbsup:

I'd put off choosing a loan last month and then forgotten about it. Added a little extra and made 2 loans.

JugNut

Any of you using these guy's?  http://www.kivalens.org/#/search  If your looking for a bit more flexability in picking your loans these guy's might be the ticket.  Worked well for me at least.

Dataman

Yep, I had forgotten about mine too. Will check this afternoon. Thanks Dingo.

zsalter

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you guys are still active on Kiva?
As I have a friend who may become a borrower in the near future and it would mean a lot to me if you would be able to help her out?

I have been having a lot of trouble with my machine, I recently updated my windows and now BOINC does not recognise my 750TI and gives an error of "(GPU missing). Not sure how to solve this but once I do I'll be back crunching again.

Thanks a lot, I'll be joining the Kiva team shortly

jave808

Quote from: zsalter on July 27, 2017, 12:17:11 PM
I was just wondering if any of you guys are still active on Kiva?

Yeah, I still lend money now and then through Kiva.  Nothing astronomical, just $25 every two-three months.
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

tazzduke

Greetings zsalter

Which Windows are you running, if its WIN 10, try reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers by using the installer from the NVIDIA website.  Been a few cases where peoples computers have been automatically updated and the gpu drivers have been updated with a MS version.

I just wish MS would mind their own business with regards to GPU drivers.

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dataman

Thanks for the reminder guys. Just made two "funny hat" loans and one to a farmer.
:greet

zsalter

Thanks Tazzduke,

I just recently looked at my Nvidia control panel and found an update for my driver. It replaced the Win10 driver which you thought was the problem with the updated "game ready driver" from Nvidia. Now I can get crunching again with at least... some speed.
I'm going to look more into Kiva this week to hopefully get some loans out.
Keep Crunching :D
Looking forward to the next AA

Thanks again,
Zach

Mysteron347

I received an email this morning with the subject

Hurry UP! For A Limited Time Buy 25$ Kiva Card for only 5$

It seems to be a scam to me!

:panic:

tazzduke

Greetings zsalter.

No worries.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

Mysteron347

Well - I'm about tapped-out this month but a couple of late repayments came in and I'm close to affording just one more loan.

If anyone's looking, this one https://www.kiva.org/lend/1344500 seems to be unaccountably in trouble. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing - progressing very slowly but only 40 hours to go, and it seems to have everything going for it. Pro Mujer, 6th loan cycle, funny hats - everything you'd need. So if anyone's looking for something to spend their tax return on...

:smilefriday :fingers