Virus Respiratorio Sincitial (VRS) Not accepting new accounts at this time PROJECT SUMMARY
VRS (from the Spanish Virus Respiratorio Sincitial) is a BOINC-based project which main aim is to simulate the behaviour of the human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). Main facts:
* It is the major cause of lower respiratory tract infection and hospital visits during infancy and childhood.
* In Spain, it causes more than 15.000 padiatrician visits per year.
* It is responsible for more than 18% of the pneumonia elderly hospitalizations.
* In the United States, 60% of infants are infected during their first RSV season. Nearly all children will have been infected with the virus by 2-3 years of age. Of those infected with RSV, 23% will develop bronchiolitis necessitating hospitalization.
Our project simulations of the RSV contagion mechanisms will allow:
* Better understanding of the contagion evolution and its relevant parameters.
* Faster predictions of the virus population evolution.
* Designing more accurate vaccination campaigns.
You can contact the researcher on charge for additional information:
Doctor Javier Villanueva
Email jvillanueva AT cesfelipesegundo.com
Phone number +34 91 809 92 00 extension 210
Universidad Complutense de Madrid - CES Felipe II
Aranjuez - Madrid - Spain
Project Web Page HERE.
Project Status Page http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/VRS/server_status.php APPLICATIONS
Microsoft Windows (98 or later) running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU
Linux running on an Intel x86-compatible CPUCONNECTING TO VRS
The projects Home Page is located at: http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/VRS/
VRS is listed as a project in BOINC and the various BOINC Account Managers for direct connection.
Following your registration don't forget to join BOINC@Australia Team by following the directions on the Home Page.STATISTICS
View or Team Members List and their current score: HERE
View BOINStats detailed stats for our VRS Team: HERE