News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Problems

Started by Vajras, November 22, 2010, 06:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vajras

Mon 22 Nov 2010 06:12:41 EST   Spinhenge@home   Message from server: (reached daily quota of 4 results)

Can anyone explain why i get this? It is the second time in 12 hrs i've had it and have received NO work during this time

Hurricane

Because Spinhenge@home server is gay.

I hate that limited wu's crap!  :boom:
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

Dingo

Never seen that I have a couple of PC's that are running Spinhenge and they don't have a problem and are running with Simap.  If you have other projects running and the other projects have lots of task waiting to run then there may not be enough time to the deadline so it does not download ???

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Hurricane

I just got the same (reached daily quota of 4 results) with Docking  :shock

I'm running wcg, but only one wu left to do.

Will try again after it's done.
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

Dennis

Not real sure why but while I run spinhenge, freehall will not fully download.
Is not a biggie for the AA, will just run the one.

Den.

Vajras

Interestingly Dingo, this message came when the cache had no work units for any project!

Anyway for the past 24 hrs cache is full - now with 94 WU's. Go figure.  ???

DougB

I had issues with Spinhenge last night too; cores with no work and no Spinhenge WUs being downloaded to run on them. Thinking there were issues with Spinhenge I set WCG to run in the interim...didn't want my i7 running all day with no work. This morning when I checked there were still no Spinhenge WUs downloaded. Will need to monitor tonight to get Spinhenge back to downloading work.

AA10 to AA40; AA42 to AA46; AA49 to AA57

i7 5960x GTX 1050ti Win10
Ryzen 9 3900X GTX 1660ti Win10

Dingo

Quote from: Vajras on November 23, 2010, 05:45:20 AM
Interestingly Dingo, this message came when the cache had no work units for any project!

Anyway for the past 24 hrs cache is full - now with 94 WU's. Go figure.  ???

Spinhenge is not affecting Freehal.  Freehal has got it's own problems that stop downloading of work.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

DougB

Quote from: DougB on November 23, 2010, 12:09:35 PM
I had issues with Spinhenge last night too; cores with no work and no Spinhenge WUs being downloaded to run on them. Thinking there were issues with Spinhenge I set WCG to run in the interim...didn't want my i7 running all day with no work. This morning when I checked there were still no Spinhenge WUs downloaded. Will need to monitor tonight to get Spinhenge back to downloading work.

Nope, my i7 Win 7(64b) cannot get any new tasks. I suspended the last of the WCG and did an update of Spinhenge and the message simply says "Requesting new tasks for GPU; Scheduler request completed; got 0 tasks". I have been successfully running Spinhenge on this machine for about a week now, and then it just stopped downloading any new Spinhenge WUs.

Anyone know how I can force it to grab some WUs?

AA10 to AA40; AA42 to AA46; AA49 to AA57

i7 5960x GTX 1050ti Win10
Ryzen 9 3900X GTX 1660ti Win10

Furlozza

Have 149 Spinhenge wus sitting in TheGnat, including finalised and in progress wus. Have been told that I have reached my limit of 150 wus for the day. This could be the reason for the messages being received: when you DOWNLOAD 150 wus in a day, that is it. On TheGnat, when all other wus (WCG and Docking) are done, will have therefore 75 wus per core or roughly 1.87 days worth of wu per core.

Am currently downloading enough wus for 5 days for all tasks, hence this might be a reasonable assumption.

An I7 would therefore have just .45 days worth of work initially, if this restriction applies. Therefore, maybe the second winner in the poll gets a look in if this does prove to be the case.

(oh and TheGnat has a countdown clock with roughly 14 hrs to go til next contact. Shall see what happens then.)